2.2 Beefs/Issues

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol, I like your optimism Eschy. All the bugs are frustrating though. I don't know if my problem is because of android 2.2 or from my phone failing, but from about 1pm-3am or so, my internet fails. It starts getting slower and slower at one and then completely fails at about two. This started a couple days after I downloaded 2.2. It makes me mad that I'm paying $30 a month for internet, but can't use it.

Do a factory reset and if that doesn't fix your issues take it back to Verizon. Let them fix or replace it.

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Gmail won't sync for me anymore, but my yahoo will. Google voice actions won't work for me when trying to send a text or a message, it won't put a name in the to field. Already tried a factory reset to get rid of my slide to unlock issue, and tried loading all my contacts back into gmail. Anyone solve either of these issues?

Gumby

Reaction score
In NE Ohio and a Verizon customer by chance ?

Anyone else experiencing call connection issues after 2.2? Once yesterday and once today when I placed a call it just sat there and said "connecting". No sound was coming through the speaker. Eventually it gave up and when I got connected to the person on the next try I found out the first call actually went through! I just couldn't hear anything the person was saying.

I had the same thing on the afternoon of 09/27/2010 about 6 calls did that to my and I got about 3 GVmails without the phone even ringing.

Seams to be OK this morning. Thinks Verizon had issues on the 27th.

thatskaterguyy

Reaction score
Won't that make me lose all my apps and contacts though?

Your contacts are syncd to your google account. Your apps will be restored after the reset now that you are on 2.2. Its a feat. built into froyo dancedroid

I factory reset it and the internet is working for now, but my apps weren't put back on. Its cool though, I downloaded most of um back. Thanks for the advice!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Won't that make me lose all my apps and contacts though?

Your contacts are syncd to your google account. Your apps will be restored after the reset now that you are on 2.2. Its a feat. built into froyo dancedroid

I factory reset it and the internet is working for now, but my apps weren't put back on. Its cool though, I downloaded most of um back. Thanks for the advice!

Did you opt to not backup user settings and apps? Settings -> Privacy

thatskaterguyy

Reaction score
I have all the backup settings on and made sure to do one last backup before I reset my phone, but it still didn't work. It did say something about not being able to connect to the backup system when I started my phone back up. I guess that is the reason. I see it as a good thing because it freed up some space on my phone :)