2.1 Update Didn't Work....

jslifka0027

Reaction score
I was prompted to update on Friday April 2nd and I clicked on install and the phone restarted. When it started to boot it failed to install the update (without any notification). So its been five days and I'm starting to wonder when/if ill get my update. Anyone know if they plan on rolling out an update again (I have also changed locations since, dont know if that matters)? Also, anyone know if I can call Verizon and they can update it for me. Thanks.

ShowTime

Reaction score
If you never finished the update and are still on 2.0.1, but the OTA already became available for your phone, you should be able to go to menu > settings > about phone > system updates. So you said it failed to update but didn't give you any notification or any indication of its failure? Possibly a stupid question, but how do you know it failed then? How far in to the update process did it get before "failing"?

OP
J

jslifka0027

Reaction score
If you never finished the update and are still on 2.0.1, but the OTA already became available for your phone, you should be able to go to menu > settings > about phone > system updates. So you said it failed to update but didn't give you any notification or any indication of its failure? Possibly a stupid question, but how do you know it failed then? How far in to the update process did it get before "failing"?

Well first I've done the system updates option everyday and that isnt working. But what happened is it asked me to install and it restarted the phone. But when the phone booted, it started up normally. I dont know if it "failed" or just never installed. But I'm still running 2.0.1 so obviously I don't have the 2.1 update.