2.1 Update, No LED Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by DylC32A, Apr 6, 2010.

1. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

As the title says, I updated to 2.1 this morning and no longer have LED notifications. I have checked to make sure all notifications are turned on and restarted the phone twice. This is affecting all messaging and e-mail applications, including Gtalk and the stock messaging app. No other LED apps are currently installed on the phone.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.
  2. jeffrayj83

jeffrayj83 New Member

nada led

I have also been hit by the no led issue..... no ideas really but this is becoming a problem because I really liked the led...now I miss it and am about to switch back to stock and root my droid...
  3. magnus1028

magnus1028 New Member

I'm having the same issue.
  4. jeffrayj83

jeffrayj83 New Member

nada led

My girl recently got the ota update to 2.1 and does have led notifications... hmmm... odd...
  5. rjax

rjax New Member

Could you let us know whether her Firmware version is listed as 2.1-update1 or something else? That info's at the bottom of the screen you get after hitting menu on the home screen, settings, then "About phone"

EDIT: Someone reported this issue on the Google Code site:http://code.google.com/p/android/is...id&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

Feel free to star it/add comments to get Google's attention.
  6. rp683

rp683 New Member

I noticed that since the upgrade the LED flashed if the phone is locked and screen is dark. Once I unclock the phone, screen comes on, the LED stops flashing. Lock it again, once the screen goes dark the LED comes back on. Maybe a battery saving method?
  7. ClaudioKilgannon

ClaudioKilgannon New Member

Yes its a power saving issue that has been discussed many times in many forums all over this site. Star and comment on the post that reported it to Google to get this crap fixed
  8. smrivera80

smrivera80 New Member

If it is a power saving method, wouldn't that make it an intentional change, and therefore not be something that Google (or more likely, Motorola) would "fix"? Personally, I don't see the point in having the light continue to flash when you are actively looking at the screen, but that's just me...
  9. jeffrayj83

jeffrayj83 New Member

Yes it is update number one and now we are aware that it is a power saving feature that the led won't come on unless the phones screen os off... not a big deal... motorola said over the phone that they have no idea what I'm talking about when I brought up the led question... then they sent me first an 8 gig micro sd then a 16 gig micro sd to see if it solved my issue ........led or not... the free cards shut me right up lol...
  10. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I really don't see an issue with this feature.

C'mon gang, if the phone screen is off and the led is blinkin, then you know you got something. so then you turn it on and go looking at your notifications, hence why at that point would you need it to continue blinking at you? In addition, if you're using it, you get the notification at the top, hence no reason to start blinking it.

If anything, I believe is it one of the things that make the Droid even more intelligent than it lets on. :)
  11. rjax

rjax New Member

Here's the problem -- I use a lot of apps that are full screen. If a notification comes in while the phone is on and I'm using one of the full screen apps, the LED doesn't even turn on when I turn the screen off. Alternatively, if I'm using a full screen app for a good period of time, it could be quite a while before I know I have a notification. I have all the really important notifications set to vibrate, but I'd still like to know if a less-important event occurs when I'm using a full-screen app without having my phone make a sound or vibrate.
  12. miss chris

miss chris New Member

Also an issue when the droid is docked. My screen is on, but I am not actively using it. So now I have no idea if I have new notifications until I undock and look at the screen. hate this new feature!
  13. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Well its not the worse thing thatcould happen to the phone but yea, im not getting the green blinking light either..was this suppose to be part of the update?? Also a bit off topic but im still not sure if maybe my browser is a little slower in loading?? Especially on this site...i manually updated but never rooted.
  14. Murz

Murz New Member

I was thinking this was an issue with the Missed Call app, guess I was wrong. I haven’t really gotten a chance to test it much (just got the OTA yesterday) but it seems sometimes I’m not getting LED notifications even when the screen has been in sleep/power save mode. Anyone else notice this? If yes were you using Missed Call as well?

*EDIT* Starred and added a comment on the thread regarding this issue over at Google Code.
  15. mopartony

mopartony New Member

I just updated today and I get no LED light at all. be it docked, charging or stand a lone. I had 5 texts waiting for me when I finally unlocked the phone.

does anyone know of a patch?
  16. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

+1
    I'm rooted and have been using various 2.1 ROMs for quite some time.
    But I even tried the stock 2.1 rooted version from Pete, no other apps installed. Bare bones.
    And I get no LEDs AT ALL. With screen off, I get the sound and/or vibrations, but no LEDs.
    I agree with the whole 'power-saving' feature, and thats cool. But I get literally no LED notifications for ANY apps. I know the light works cuz I see it light upwhen on low power or when rebooting while something is currently running, but none as it shold.
    Bugging the heck out of me.:icon_evil:
Search tags for this page

dont view texts on droid when docked