2.1 root?

g8gt2012

Reaction score
OK so I was going to flash my droid back to stock and follow pete's install for a rooted ESE81. I found this thread that walks you through how to get back to stock http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/13466-how-back-stock-no-su-no-busybox-etc.html . Well I was at the step where you type in the first su command. I went to press enter and looked at the screen. I had pressed it write when I had a message that asked if I wanted to install the 2.1 update. Well now I have ESE81 with the .03P baseband...and Superuser Permissions. Does this mean I lucked my way into a rooted ESE81?

EDIT: Tried typing in su into terminal and i get a permission denied. So I know I am not rooted but I still have Superuser, is there a way to give me root now? Or am I stuck?

Update:
I am going to do a .sbf flash back to 2.0.1 and then install the rooted ESE81 tomorrow. Hoping this will fix my problems. If anyone sees any problems with this, I am not going to start until later tomorrow so any advise is welcome.

Last edited:
OP
g8gt2012

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Kinda worried about doing this, I know to follow the instructions word for word but I just want to know before I start and can't go back. Will this work?

littlerick

Reaction score
yes it works fine. i done it last week. just follow word for word

OP
g8gt2012

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Ite thanks, just real nervous about it haha