Problems/Boot Loop.

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Hey guys. Fairly new to the whole rooted droid scene. But I'll give as much information as possible so as to help you help me.

Motorola Droid.
Running on 2.1
Build number ESE81
Kernel Version 2.6.29-omap-g7fa8788
android-build@apa26 #1
Baseband Version C_01.3E.03P

I have rooted my phone as of earlier this afternoon. I have Superuser Permissions in the app drawer. as well as SPRecovery.

I attempted to install one of JRummy's beautiful ROM's. (downloaded/renamed to "update" and installed in SPRecovery). After doing so, I rebooted the phone, and got past the motorola logo, to the droid logo, and got stuck at a continuous loop at the droid logo. I tried several different versions of JRummy's Kangerade ROM. (v1.1, v1.0, and even the most current ones...no luck.)

if anyone can tell me what to do be able to successfully install the ROM it would be awesome. Much thanks and appreciation in advance.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For experimentation purposes, have you tried to install any other ROM?

Also, did it actually say that it installed successfully when you were in the bootloader screen?

Maybe it's the way you worded the sentence but, are you saying you installed SP Recovery or that it's in your app drawer?

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! Did you get your problem worked out or would you like this moved to the rescue squad?

OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score

Also, did it actually say that it installed successfully when you were in the bootloader screen?

Maybe it's the way you worded the sentence but, are you saying you installed SP Recovery or that it's in your app drawer?

Sorry about the wording, but yes, I installed SPRecovery. And when I did the install in the bootloader screen, it went through the process, and installed successfully. I then backed out of that screen, selected to "reboot system now" and when the phone rebooted, it went into the boot loop.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score

Sorry about the wording, but yes, I installed SPRecovery. And when I did the install in the bootloader screen, it went through the process, and installed successfully. I then backed out of that screen, selected to "reboot system now" and when the phone rebooted, it went into the boot loop.

what if you downloand Key Lime Pie and try installing that (I beleive this is what xkape's suggestion was also)? and then if that works, try reloading the blue :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Same problem. Installs perfectly fine. Then goes into a boot loop again.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long did you let it sit at the droid eye? After installing a new Rom it takes a while on 1st boot. Also did you wipe Data and Cache at least twice before installing?

OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
How long did you let it sit at the droid eye? After installing a new Rom it takes a while on 1st boot. Also did you wipe Data and Cache at least twice before installing?

I let it sit for a while. Probably 10 minutes. It keeps restarting the droid eye animation, and never gets past that. I did wipe the data cache 3 times before installing. I also just did a factory reset and then tried re installing the ROM and installing it. Install was successful, but it never gets past the droid eye during reboot.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
open terminal explorer and type "su" (without quotes obviously). let me know what it does.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Restarts like respelling out droid and then the eye, respelling droid and then the eye... Or the eye stays on the phone and just keeps animating?

OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Restarts like respelling out droid and then the eye, respelling droid and then the eye... Or the eye stays on the phone and just keeps animating?

Restarts like spells out "Droid" then does the droid eye animation.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well that's not right. The only thing I can say is Re Download the Rom and try again maybe it's a bad D/L. Or try a diiferent Rom.

OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
I tried installing a different rom (Liquid Froyo) and it still just does the boot animation, and stays in a loop. Almost at my wits end. Any help is greatly appreciated. All roms install perfectly fine with no errors, but they never make it past the boot animation.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
this might be a stupid question...but when you put the update.zip on the sdcard, your doing copy/paste/replace, right?