1st smartphone and want to get the most out of it

tamilou52

Reaction score
hi everyone!

i have a 2 month old motorola droid x2. i have a rough idea of just how powerful this little gadget is; i am seriously thinking about rooting it to begin to explore it's full potential.

however, i am a total 'noob'!! i have already been exploring this forum and a few other websites, so i am pretty confident that i can get the job done. i would greatly appreciate any links (ex."rooting for dummies", lol) or hand-holding to be able to ask my pre-school-level questions. for instance, if i root my phone, what is the range (distance) for tethering? -- and other assorted queries. my Mama always said there are no dumb questions, just dumb people who are too proud to ask for help!

thanks in advance for any help that i am given

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board!

Rooting is fairly simple, I think there may even be a couple one-click methods for the x2, at least there was one when I rooted for a friend before the GB update.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Open settings and go to about phone, if the android version is 2.2.2 gingerbreak v1.2 will root it and doesn't require a PC

Liberated X2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

If you have been reading up on root then you are headed in the right direction by doing your homework. What OS are you running on it? I ask because that determines what would be the proper way to root it. The best thing to do is head over to the DX2 Hacks Section and poke around.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
this is a perfect example of the kind of 'help' i need..(lol). where do i find out what my operating system is? ;)

I mentioned it above. You go to settings and about phone and the os is what's beside android version should be 2.2.2 or 2.3.3 possibly 2.3.4

Liberated X2

OP
T

tamilou52

Reaction score
I mentioned it above. You go to settings and about phone and the os is what's beside android version should be 2.2.2 or 2.3.3 possibly 2.3.4

Liberated X2

That's what I thought....Android version 2.3.4

and thanks again for the help.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
You will be looking for the superoneclick, just Google that all in one word, and I can't offer anything else. I've never done it my Droid x2 came with 2.2.2

Liberated X2