$199 with 2 Year @ VerizonWireless.com

shortsxit

Reaction score
I was able to buy the TB for 229 with a one year contract.

Contract Renewal: 1-year contract
Due Now
--------------

Equipment Upgrade:
1 HTC ThunderBolt $229.99

Included accessories for HTC ThunderBolt:
Standard Lithium Ion Battery, Wall/USB charger,
32GB microSD card, Product Safety Warranty Statement,
Getting Started Guide, Important Consumer Information Brochure

was this with your ne2 credit? did you get it from vzw.com? just looked and 319 for 1 year contract. but with the offset of selling my d2 it will only be 100 bux.

Yes, I am assuming it was my ne2. I had my upgrade since December.

When I looked at my option to upgrade, the TB came up as 199.00 for two years. It switched to the one year plan, and it showed 229.00 dollars. I was kinda surprised because I thought 1 year plan usually add like 70.00 bucks more to the 2 year plan.

Yes, I brought it through verizon wireless. Here is the start of the email...

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com.

Your order has been received and is subject to final credit approval. Pre-orders will ship when the item becomes available. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Customer signature is required at the time of delivery. You cannot change your shipping address after you submit the order. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order or if the item is out of stock or no longer available. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] . Be sure to include your order reference number.

You can't use your NE2 with a 1 year contract. I'm betting you have an employee discount. That's the same price I got for 1-year due to my discount. If you got a 2-year contract it would have been $199.99 - $50NE2 = $149.99

jdbaker82

Reaction score
Im so confused how are you guys getting $199 I go to Verizons website and call the stores and they all say $249.99

shortsxit

Reaction score
Employee discount.

Edit: I think it's actually "Corporate Discount." We don't work for Verizon, we work for companies that get discounted service through Verizon.

tubemonkey

Reaction score
Im so confused how are you guys getting $199 I go to Verizons website and call the stores and they all say $249.99

It's a corporate discount through your employer. Many employers have deals with the telecoms to provide discounts for their employees. My employer lets me get a 22% discount on voice and data plans, and I think accessories also. Plus, as pointed out to me earlier, a $50 discount on this phone.

Check with Verizon to see if your employer participates. If they do, you'll need to provide proof to Verizon that you work for them. Then Verizon will set your account up with this corporate discount. Then when you order eligible products and services, you'll automatically get the discount.

When I logged into my account this morning, it showed that I was eligible for the $199.99 price. After applying my $100 NE2, my final price was $99.99 plus tax. I was also able to get a $30 data plan for $23.39 after the discount.

moosez3

Reaction score

It's a corporate discount through your employer. Many employers have deals with the telecoms to provide discounts for their employees. My employer lets me get a 22% discount on voice and data plans, and I think accessories also. Plus, as pointed out to me earlier, a $50 discount on this phone.

Check with Verizon to see if your employer participates. If they do, you'll need to provide proof to Verizon that you work for them. Then Verizon will set your account up with this corporate discount. Then when you order eligible products and services, you'll automatically get the discount.

When I logged into my account this morning, it showed that I was eligible for the $199.99 price. After applying my $100 NE2, my final price was $99.99 plus tax. I was also able to get a $30 data plan for $23.39 after the discount.

I just got My Fla Hospital Discount, unfortunately I couldnt wait till July for NE2 :(
But Still to me 199 is good :)

rg0019

Reaction score
Employee discount.

Edit: I think it's actually "Corporate Discount." We don't work for Verizon, we work for companies that get discounted service through Verizon.

Yes Sir, I believe you are correct. I also get the data and accessories discount.

Funny thing is I haven't been with that company for over 5 years... My current company goes through Sprint.

jdbaker82

Reaction score
I work for a small computer repair company so I highly doubt that would count... So basically anyone getting it for that price either A.) Works or knows someone who is a employee of Verizon or B.) Works for a large corporation that has a big Verizon account is this correct? No other way to wheel and deal or haggle? Switching from Sprint to Verizon etc...?

tubemonkey

Reaction score
I work for a small computer repair company so I highly doubt that would count... So basically anyone getting it for that price either A.) Works or knows someone who is a employee of Verizon or B.) Works for a large corporation that has a big Verizon account is this correct? No other way to wheel and deal or haggle? Switching from Sprint to Verizon etc...?

I work for a large company and they provide discounts for all of the major telecoms. I prefer Verizon over the others because of its coverage.

Don't know how you'll get that $50 device discount if your employer doesn't participate.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as monkey. Big corp and we get discounts @ at least Verizon and AT&T.