100 Million Installs For PokeMon Go, and $200Million in first Month

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It is no secret that PokeMon Go is one of the most successful games of all time. Everywhere you go you see kids and adults for that matter with their faces turned downward as they walk aimlessly into the backyards of your neighbors and across busy highways. The game has helped us get more active, and has even encouraged a whole generation of "cheaters". While the game has yet to be rolled out to all countries world wide it has already seen more than 100 million downloads. The game is still not live in India, a country that contains 1/8th of the population.

The game features in app purchases as a means of generating revenue. As you can imagine with all that traffic this game is really racking up the green. In the first month alone PokeMon Go made more than $200Million. Even Flappy Bird couldn't hit those kind of numbers. It seems like the success will only continue as the game is released to more countries and kids become even more addicted to the game. Niantic says that what we have seen so far is only about 10% of the content of the final version of the game so there is plenty to keep audiences interested in the game. This game isn't going away anytime soon.

via Nintendonews

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I disagree, I think it won't be around nearly as long as people think. Its fun and all but it was released during the summer. Most kids don't have school. The days are long and its not raining or snowing. Plus, when people start to realize that their home area has the same pokemon, they novelty of finding new ones will wear off and it'll become the thing they do once in a while when they are out of the house or something. I open mine when I'm at the grocery store and what not. I was able to push off stuff when it first came out but I can't do that forever. Responsibilities take over and things have to be done.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I disagree, I think it won't be around nearly as long as people think. Its fun and all but it was released during the summer. Most kids don't have school. The days are long and its not raining or snowing. Plus, when people start to realize that their home area has the same pokemon, they novelty of finding new ones will wear off and it'll become the thing they do once in a while when they are out of the house or something. I open mine when I'm at the grocery store and what not. I was able to push off stuff when it first came out but I can't do that forever. Responsibilities take over and things have to be done.
I agree. Two-three weeks ago when I went to visit my cousins they couldn't stop talking about it, even drove around town looking for stuff. Went back this past weekend....ask me how many times this game came up in convo's or if we drove around.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think they released a pretty incomplete game, or at least their plan to release features in phases isn't working out as they had hoped.

The initial hype is finally dying down, now players want to trade pokemon which isn't possible yet (unless I've missed something). Also battling friends isn't a possibility, that was the whole point of the original game.

I think once those two features are added, and I know at least trading is coming, then I think things will pick up again. I have fun with it every now and then, but I don't go out of my way to play it.

Last edited: