100,000 Droids? More like 400,000 Droids

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 13, 2009.

1. andjarnic

andjarnic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys hear that Dell AND Motorola released Android 2.0 phones to China Mobile? The Motorola is a similar Droid phone that China is getting.. that's another 500 million potential subscribers! By end of year, I believe Android 1.6 and 2.0 platform will be accessible to over 1 billion subscribers. I believe that is quite a bit larger than the reach of the iPhone.

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    hay droidmastar, wut does this mean? >>>>>>>When The IPhone comes to Verizon I'm tossing the BB >.< :icon_ banana: <<<<<< do you really want an Iphone or are you just being facetious ? lol no offense im just confused (course im blonde too)

3. Ott

Ott New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really hope Droid sales surpass the iPhone sales. I hate it when iPhone Fanboys say it's unbeatable. Then again... I hate iPhone Fanboys anyways >:)

4. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is true, but you also have to realize that when you go to Verizon that they change you a $100 co-pay to get a REFURBISHED phone.

Best buy its only $10 a month no co-pay and a NEW phone. The only thing it does not cover is if it is stollen. But I never lost mine. ... knock on wood....

5. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been three weeks since the Droid's release and it is of course Black Friday. I wonder what the total sales numbers are at this point.

6. mitchb2

mitchb2 Member

Ratings:
    +0

A friend of mine is an iPhone fanboy.
    The week the Droid came out I asked him what he thought and he said "It's decent, but still about 2 years behind the iPhone."

From what I've seen of my Droid so far, the iPhone must be super-spectacular. :)

7. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work for Best Buy Mobile...and the service plan that covers the Droid covers spillage, but not full submersion. If it gets dropped in a tub, or a pool, we'll check for water damage. It'll get sent in for service and if the internal indicators show submersion, then they won't be able to cover it. The only thing it doesn't cover as mentioned before is theft/loss.

I had an EMT bring me a blackberry curve the other day in 6 pieces. Her ambulance drove over it. We replaced it with a brand new phone and she got a new service plan on it since the old one got fulfilled with the destruction (massive) of her BB.

Whether Verizon will check for water damage...that totally depends on the competence of the people in that store. Some are great...some ain't too bright.

Like it was mentioned earlier...get it in writing. If the person that sold you the phone said that...it won't be honored...

8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319

9. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Umm...of all the times I've seen people post...you're the first one to lower themselves to the level of childish insults. All I was saying was that the person who thought they had that coverage should be aware that it wasn't. I wasn't asking for your little ---- syndrome insults.

I wasn't sellin it...just explaining it. Stick that in your Droid.

10. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh...and most of the people there are working professionals. Don't denigrate them to satisfy your need to increase your esteem. I'm sure you NEVER worked your way through college in an honest job...I'm sure you were one of those same flunky's that you just spoke of.

Here's a quarter...go buy a clue.

11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I meant to go back and edit the quote and delete that. Then I realized once it's posted it can't be edited.

My bad. Sorry. Hope a mod can delete it.

12. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0