100,000 Droids? More like 400,000 Droids

gtjokester

Reaction score
But if yo udo drop it in water... don't tell them that... lol... just say it stopped working.
There are usually stickers inside that are there to detect water damage.so they will know then they send it in. I just got the best buy protection plan that covers anything.. and then my phone is all beat up like my G1 was ill just through it againt the wall and get a new one.. lol J/K

texasPI

Reaction score
Count me as one of the 1st gen victims. I have to take my phone back for a replacement (random shutdowns), but I'm not complaining. I understand that these things happen.
That scares me. I didn't get insurance for my plan when I picked up the phone. Now i'm wondering if I should

YES! I would pick up insurance for your new toy...

I've got BestBuys warranty which includes me droping it in water.

Good luck with the Best Buy warranty. Never ever for me after a bad experience with a laptop that was covered through their program. Don't take the reps word on anything. Make them show you in the documentation where it says what they are promising.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
That scares me. I didn't get insurance for my plan when I picked up the phone. Now i'm wondering if I should

YES! I would pick up insurance for your new toy...

I've got BestBuys warranty which includes me droping it in water.

Good luck with the Best Buy warranty. Never ever for me after a bad experience with a laptop that was covered through their program. Don't take the reps word on anything. Make them show you in the documentation where it says what they are promising.

LOL

I flirted with the Asst Mgr.... (Social engineering @6'8" tall.) NO!!!! My local BB won't forget me...

I took my phone back last night cause when it was plugged in and charging and I was using the phone and it was shaking REALLY BAD. (When I'd touch and scroll. )

I realized after some troubleshooting that using an old. 'Griffin' iphone plugin with my Dr0id USB cable cause's some SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS!!!! (SHAKING)

But when that BB rep said replace & water dmg.... I was SOLD.... I. Don't think Verizon does that...

D

DroidMastar

But if yo udo drop it in water... don't tell them that... lol... just say it stopped working.
There are usually stickers inside that are there to detect water damage.so they will know then they send it in. I just got the best buy protection plan that covers anything.. and then my phone is all beat up like my G1 was ill just through it againt the wall and get a new one.. lol J/K

anytime i took a phone to verizon for it not working... they never opened the phone...

mitchb2

Reaction score
My friend's company is buying everyone Droids this week.
My buddy is drooling every time I send him another email telling about some new feature or app that I just discovered.

Shazam is like some black magic or something.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
G4's "Attack of the Show" reported during "The Feed" segment on 11/16 that Droid sales came in at 250k for the first week. And I never argue with Alison Haislip. She can do no wrong. *drool*

youngfresh

Reaction score
Verizon insurance vs bestbuy

:motdroidhoriz:Verizon insurance for $7.99 actually covers water damage also. which is cheaper than bestbuy $10 charge a month

andjarnic

Reaction score
You guys hear that Dell AND Motorola released Android 2.0 phones to China Mobile? The Motorola is a similar Droid phone that China is getting.. that's another 500 million potential subscribers! By end of year, I believe Android 1.6 and 2.0 platform will be accessible to over 1 billion subscribers. I believe that is quite a bit larger than the reach of the iPhone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hay droidmastar, wut does this mean? >>>>>>>When The IPhone comes to Verizon I'm tossing the BB >.< :icon_ banana: <<<<<< do you really want an Iphone or are you just being facetious ? lol no offense im just confused (course im blonde too)

Ott

Reaction score
I really hope Droid sales surpass the iPhone sales. I hate it when iPhone Fanboys say it's unbeatable. Then again... I hate iPhone Fanboys anyways >:)

J5311

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz:Verizon insurance for $7.99 actually covers water damage also. which is cheaper than bestbuy $10 charge a month

This is true, but you also have to realize that when you go to Verizon that they change you a $100 co-pay to get a REFURBISHED phone.

Best buy its only $10 a month no co-pay and a NEW phone. The only thing it does not cover is if it is stollen. But I never lost mine. ... knock on wood....

kpiskin

Reaction score
It's been three weeks since the Droid's release and it is of course Black Friday. I wonder what the total sales numbers are at this point.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I really hope Droid sales surpass the iPhone sales. I hate it when iPhone Fanboys say it's unbeatable. Then again... I hate iPhone Fanboys anyways >:)

A friend of mine is an iPhone fanboy.
The week the Droid came out I asked him what he thought and he said "It's decent, but still about 2 years behind the iPhone."

From what I've seen of my Droid so far, the iPhone must be super-spectacular. :)