1% battery increments... am I the only one...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah Jay, I saw that one, and also another variation on the same, both can "trick" the phone into charging a battery that's marginally low. It will work sometimes, but only if the battery is just under the boot minimum thresholds. If the battery is much lower, it will fail every time.

Still, it's good to keep it in the queue. I'll have to dig up the other one from here as well. I have posted them both in several threads for battery problems. Thanks for reviving that one.

I also created a variation on the two methods that worked as well.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Yeah Jay, I saw that one, and also another variation on the same, both can "trick" the phone into charging a battery that's marginally low. It will work sometimes, but only if the battery is just under the boot minimum thresholds. If the battery is much lower, it will fail every time.

Still, it's good to keep it in the queue. I'll have to dig up the other one from here as well. I have posted them both in several threads for battery problems. Thanks for reviving that one.

I also created a variation on the two methods that worked as well.

Yeah, when I woke up this morn, it hit me like a ton of bricks. In my 2 experiences (with white light), there wasn't enough juice left to bring up any displays, even with a charger connected. I even discussed previously about how when the phone started to take a charge and the white light goes out, even trying to bring up the battery display was enough to bring the white light back.

Don't know what I was thinking. Probably just wishful thinking that this method could save someone the long and anxious process of trying to recover once the white light comes on. The description given in the thread I referenced is obviously missing any mention of the white light which reinforces what you said about being "marginally charged". I now see this is a charging method for a phone that has not reached the low battery level of "white light" status yet.