1% battery increments

*Luke*

Reaction score
For those that may be interested, the circle battery widget will display 1% battery increments on your Droid 2, D2G, and Droid X now =) My reason for posting this in the ROM section (aside from letting ROM users who would like to have 1% increments know) was simply to let any dev's know who might not have been aware. Possibly there is a way to incorporate the hack into a new ROM?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
*Luke*

*Luke*

Reaction score
18e7ba1c-8d1e-d8c0.jpg

Definitely not bogus, sir ;)
All you have to do is download and install it, nothing to it other than that.

bapperton

Reaction score
Oh, I misunderstood. It's the circle battery widget, not just the icon..

OP
*Luke*

*Luke*

Reaction score
All good =) lol hopefully there may be a way to use the hack that the developer of the widget used and possibly incorporate it into a ROM

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone thinks this drains battery? I'm gonna give it a couple day run and see but just wondering about other opinions

NeoLogic

Reaction score
No it doesn't drain the battery any more than any similar app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NeoLogic

Reaction score
No problem. I've been using this widget for months and I love it. Super bonus now that it reads in one percent increments like my girlfriends Continuum. Neither one of us suffer any ill battery life issues with the widget. G ood luck!

bapperton

Reaction score
But isn't it actually just an algorithm that uses the battery stats to estimate exact battery percentage? I thought the drivers on Motorola phones only report 10% increments.

NeoLogic

Reaction score
What calculates battery percentage is simple math, yes, your right. But drivers are not needed. Only thing you need is battery voltage. If you know at x voltage, the battery is at a specific percentage. Its a little more complex than that, but not much.
I do a lot of battery research at work, and all the lithium chargers calculate percentage in 1% increments by just reading battery voltage. Why do motorolas phones go in 10% increments? Prolly because they feel 1% is not really accurate enough, and I don't think it is either. But its cool!!

NeoLogic

Reaction score
Also I forgot to mention, and this is all pure speculation, so I may be wrong, but the reason ROM devs use 10% incs is probably because they are pulling that variable from the kernel as DID battery circle widget (they once also reported in 10% incs before the last update). But then its possible- on the last update, they produced their own algorithm, and the variable is coming from their own software. Just my two cents.

OP
*Luke*

*Luke*

Reaction score
That makes sense sir, thanks much for the insight =)
Forgive me for not being up to speed on such things, but possibly a modifier could be attached to the kernel to provide 1% increments? Or does the locked bootloader potentially prevent that?

NeoLogic

Reaction score
Yea, with a locked bootloader you can't install custom kernels. However, I don't really know where the ROM devs are pulling that data from. Maybe someone with more knowledge could chime in.

OP
*Luke*

*Luke*

Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of attaching a temporary kernel modifier that would load up on boot, such as the overclocking apps do? Or am I incorrect that they actually temporarily modify the kernel?