Battery Percentage with 1% or 5% increments?

TDevilsG

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Battery Indicator off the market and although its good, it only displays the battery power remaining in 10% increments. Is there another app or another method I could use to getting smaller increments, like 1% or 5%? Thanks.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with the app you choose. It has everything to do with Motorola and how they handle the battery increments on their device.

There are a couple apps like Battery Left, which try and predict how much actually physical time you have left, and equate that to their own little percentage which sometimes is very far off what the phone says it is. At least it was when I used it on my OG Droid, over a year ago.

Honestly, battery life is an approximation. Having 1% or 5% increments is really just an illusion of more accuracy. There is no more accuracy than with 10% increments. Your only options are to get an app like I mentioned which basically does its own approximation, completely separate from the phone's. Or you can get a different device, heh.

Chances are if you stop stressing about it, you'll soon forget about it.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Moto is still doing 10% increments? I wonder what the rationale behind that is.

OP
T

TDevilsG

Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with the app you choose. It has everything to do with Motorola and how they handle the battery increments on their device.

There are a couple apps like Battery Left, which try and predict how much actually physical time you have left, and equate that to their own little percentage which sometimes is very far off what the phone says it is. At least it was when I used it on my OG Droid, over a year ago.

Honestly, battery life is an approximation. Having 1% or 5% increments is really just an illusion of more accuracy. There is no more accuracy than with 10% increments. Your only options are to get an app like I mentioned which basically does its own approximation, completely separate from the phone's. Or you can get a different device, heh.

Chances are if you stop stressing about it, you'll soon forget about it.

Gotcha. Yeah, I figured that was going to be the case just remembering the same kind of issue with the OG. But you raise a couple of fair points. I guess I'm under the impression that with 1% increments I'd be able to monitor exactly what is draining my battery in as detailed a way as possible.