1.5 and wireless tether

marty1966

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone is having issues with Barnacle or wireless tether for root? They are both giving me problems, dropping out, websites timing out, very slow page loading. Most times I stay connected but lose internet.

I have SBF'd 1.5 install and full bars.

Thanks, Jim.

EDIT: Classic. I have been tethered for 2 hours, without interruption, using Barnacle. Oh well. Not convinced it isn't the 3g signal, even though it's full bars.

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Ya I havent had any issues and I tether almost all day with mine to my iPad for school

OP
M

marty1966

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Do you use barnacle?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
no i use the regular wireless tethering app barnical would never connect to my ipad and some other guys on the ipad forum where having the same issue but DroidDoes has a pretty cool theme set up for it he made highly recommended....sry it took me so long to get back to you iv been writing a paper for school

OP
M

marty1966

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Can you tell me the tether program you are using? Is it wireless tether for root? Isn't droiddoes a verizon paid method of wireless tether?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes that's the 1 has the red wireless sign and no "Droid Does" is a member on here he just themed that app to red and smoke looks really good if u want it u will have to download the apk from the thread and install threw file manager (don't download the 1 from the market) and u will b good 2 go

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

miketoasty

Reaction score
I had problems with the Wireless Tether for Root Users app but after a reinstall it seems to work fine. Would recommend to any rooted user especially one who needs infrastructure mode.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I'm on my phone so I can't send the link look up user "Droid Does!!" His pic is a lil green frog dude and look in his profile at the threads he's started I wanna say its in the droid hacking section

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.