1.1.1 seems buggy. I think I'm out.

Big D

Reaction score
The search button doesn't work. There are blank spots that delete icons. Bunch of little stuff.

Noticeably more buggy than the previous itteration for me.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I think it is fine. I have been using it since this morning without any major issues. The search bar issue was a quick easy fix. I just want someone to explain to me what is better about the camera fix in this release.

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
could you explain the "search" fix for me?

keithsmith22

Reaction score
No problem. Basically the Google Voice Search and Google Search were removed as System apps and are now downloaded from the Market. When you download just the Voice Search app it loads ok but there is a quirk with the widget. Once I loaded the regular Google Search and put that widget on the home screen everything worked fine. I am not sure why it does that and if it is a wide spread thing but mine is working great now which is a good thing because I use it a lot everyday.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem. Basically the Google Voice Search and Google Search were removed as System apps and are now downloaded from the Market. When you download just the Voice Search app it loads ok but there is a quirk with the widget. Once I loaded the regular Google Search and put that widget on the home screen everything worked fine. I am not sure why it does that and if it is a wide spread thing but mine is working great now which is a good thing because I use it a lot everyday.

I think it has to do with how some of the Google apps are named. They keep changing from build to build. It's not Sapphire's fault.

Eschy

Reaction score
i personally find it to be a bit faster, noticeably in the market. Which was really bad in 1.1.0.

Eschy

Reaction score
to fix the search button run this in terminal emulator (credit Sniffle)
su
sysrw
mv /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
reboot (again, not sure you need to do this, but it's safe)
if that doesnt work which it didnt for me go into root manager to /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk edit>move.
then go to /system/app and paste. edit>rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. reboot and done

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
su
sysrw
mv /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
if that doesnt work which it didnt for me go into root manager to /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk edit>move.
then go to /system/app and paste. edit>rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. reboot and done

THAT's the easy fix?

Armyof2

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

hrm i don't have the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk in that location...don't suppose you could yank it and post it up on megaupload or something?

Eschy

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

THAT's the easy fix?
The only way it could be easier is if I did it for you myself, if you don't know how to do this you shouldn't be flashing custom roms. This is pretty simple method and the only 1 i know of so far

Armyof2

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

THAT's the easy fix?

nothing worth doing ever is ;)

Eschy

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

hrm i don't have the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk in that location...don't suppose you could yank it and post it up on megaupload or something?
Try downloading it in the market first. It wont install but you should still get the apk if not let me know and I will upload it later when I get home

Armyof2

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

Try downloading it in the market first. It wont install but you should still get the apk if not let me know and I will upload it later when I get home

ah good call didn't think of that

Jasko

Reaction score
t

I didn't even realize the Search Button didn't work until I saw this thread. The method above worked best for me. Easy fix, but shouldn't have to be done. :icon_eek:

wingdo

Reaction score
su
sysrw
sysro

THAT's the easy fix?
The only way it could be easier is if I did it for you myself, if you don't know how to do this you shouldn't be flashing custom roms. This is pretty simple method and the only 1 i know of so far

That's a pretty harsh response. Yes, that is currently the simplest method to do it, but that doesn't always make it easy. Personally I think the root manager method is pretty damned easy, but that's no excuse for your remarks to someone questioning the need to type in a series of commands into a terminal window just to get quick search to work like it should as "easy".