1.1.1 seems buggy. I think I'm out.

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by Big D, Sep 9, 2010.

1. nygrik

nygrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0

2. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0

3. nygrik

nygrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no my search button works fine...sorry i think anyway...when i hardpress i can do the voice search...soft press i just saw did nothing i guess ill try the fix then

#27 nygrik, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  4. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Harsh. Been a while since I did any computer programming.

If you could bare with me, I'd appreciate it.

I only install this stuff through ROM Manager so the programming side for me is still lacking.

I'm not able to find that in ROM Manager. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction without the hostility?

Thanks.

#28 Big D, Sep 10, 2010
  5. Armyof2

Armyof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root explorer is a program off the market ($1.99 i believe) it makes things a bit easier when you're trying to move stuff around in the system folders as it's one button to turn off the read only and then it's just a matter of cutting and pasting...if you don't wanna pay for the app and wanna attempt the command line stuff the terminal emulator is under the "dev tools" in your app drawer.

6. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think i took what you said out of context sorry about that. Do you need help with something? Oh BTW root explorer not root manager. You can get root explorer free if im not mistaken over at xda if you have an account

7. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Terminal emulator is a free program you can get on the market, the good one is Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich. Download that, then open it and type in the commands posted by Eschy hitting enter after each line. Also you must have google search installed from the market for this to work, Eschy's method just moves the app to your system folder where it works properly.

You could also move it with an app called root explorer. It is a paid app but it works just like a normal file browser and you can just move the app and rename it, no terminal commands neccessary.

#31 GodfatherIP, Sep 10, 2010
  8. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tried the terminal emulator way. Didn't work.

Could someone walk me throught the root manager way?

Thanks.

9. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again I apologize for what i said. I though you were saying it like "thats the best you could come up with" when you said "thats the easy fix". ok for root explorer which is the one i used i had an error in the OP you want to go into your system file. this will show up as just "/" in the top of the screen. Now look for the folder data. open it and you will see an "app"folder open that and scroll down to
    com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk if it isnt there you need to download it in the market first. It will not install but it will give you the apk. Now once you find it long press and select move. once you do that you will see two buttons at the bottom one is paste and the other is cancel. Hit the back button twice and it will bring you back to the main folder "/". Scroll down to system click it. Open app (in the top right hand corner there is a button that says mount r/w select it first) then use the paste button at the bottom of the screen. It will move it to that folder. After that find the file you just moved and long press again but this time select rename and name it GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk make sure that you have the capitals for the first letter of each word. now reboot the phone.

10. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i recommend refunding root manager and downloading root explorer if you can. Thats my fault for posting it wrong. i was using root explorer