zumocast is pretty cool along with some of the other apps and new blur features

droidtom

Reaction score
Just setup zumocast and it is working well. Motorola did a good job on some of these built in apps this time. Their printing one does good too with my printer. Now that I think of it some of the features like the 20 speed dial widget have me not very interested in cm7 this time around. They did a good job with blur. When a phone is fast enough to handle it with no lag there may not be much reason to vanilla it.

c_mack9

Reaction score
i really like blur too. i think people are crazy for hating on it. its better than any ROM i ever ran on the OG droid. i'm rooted so i can change some small things but i h ave no desire to ROM it.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Assuming the bionic is running the same version as d3. I also like it. I find I even like the launcher better than adw, go, lp etc. The app drawer folder is nice. And uninstall from app drawer is great.

But yea, I find the built in moto apps to be nice. I love the gallery, well, for looking at facebook and flickr etc pics. For on phone pics I have gallery 3d installed. I also like the universal inbox and social app. If it wasn't for gmail breaking app's ability to update properly, I would only use the universal inbox (unless that's changed)

I only wish you could add a 5th dock icon, and a vertical app drawer. If they added those features, I could see people wanting to install this version of blur on non moto devices, its that good. Well, themes to at least change colors would be sweet too. I don't see why they don't, it could be an advertised feature to differentiate themselves from other manufacturer UIs.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gravebelly

Reaction score
Just setup zumocast and it is working well. Motorola did a good job on some of these built in apps this time. Their printing one does good too with my printer. Now that I think of it some of the features like the 20 speed dial widget have me not very interested in cm7 this time around. They did a good job with blur. When a phone is fast enough to handle it with no lag there may not be much reason to vanilla it.

Could not agree with you more about Zumocast and motoprint. This features are very nice to have.

grrouchie

Reaction score
do people prefer to stream their music with zumocast from their computer or from the could via google beta or amazon cloud?

is there a better option or is it really preference?

darkmatter

Reaction score
do people prefer to stream their music with zumocast from their computer or from the could via google beta or amazon cloud?

I personally prefer to stream from amazon. For one, you don't have to leave your computer on, and also its not working your pc's processesor to do the streaming.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

droidtom

Reaction score
difference

I doubt i will use either all that often. But the difference with zumocast is that you can monitor whatever folders you want. It's not just for music. I can see my documents, pictures, or anything else for that matter. I have tons more photos and documents that are available to me with this app that I don't have to carry on my phone or put on the web.

Another blur comment. I think most people automatically think blur stinks because the original versions did. This new one is very refined compared to that. I would honestly hate to lose some of the functionality that it provides. It's night and day ahead of the prior versions. For example the contact widgets that were in the droid x versions were terrible. The new one has a pull down where you can see your top 20 contacts and it's pretty and super fluid. That's a nice feature. One touch on the contact and then options for call, text, email, etc. Plus the hardware in prior phones were not capable of running it without a felt lag. This phone is so fast that it finally handles it so you get some nice funtionality and still get super quick response from the phone. I am thrilled with the bionic for sure. But it's just my .02 everybody has their thing.

Snowrider

Reaction score
The main reason im using go launcher rather than blur now is because I could not landscape my desktop with blur I can wth gl

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums