Zumocast and Motocast

crimattyple

Reaction score
I had Zumocast previously installed. Since the upgrade it says that it's not supported on my device. However it does work on my Nexus 7.
I do have Motocast ID on the phone but can't activate it and when I download Motocast from the Play Store it also says my device isn't supported.

Any help/suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems as well. Anyone with any insight on this problem?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I'm running Zumocast on both my .246 bionic, PC and laptop with no issues

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Point is it works on ICS, its your install, your phone or your computer.

Install/reinstall after downloading the latest Zumocast files

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tbb1226

Reaction score
The OP says it clearly -- after OTA update, neither Zumocast or Motocast will function, no matter how many times one uninstalls and reinstalls them. Did you do anything different than simply accept the ICS update when it was pushed? I'd like to get this working again, if that is actually possible.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Both mine and my wives phones were updated to .246 using HoB AFTER a factory reset. I installed Zumocast from the Play Store just after i upgraded .246 with no conflicts or errors on either phone. I did perform a fresh install of Zumocast on my Win 7 PC.

It makes no difference if .246 was taken as ota or via HoB, its the same package that opens and installs after download, the issue seems to be installing ICS over GB. The RAzR had many of the same issues after their OTA and while i agree it shouldn't have to be difficult to take an OTA, for a major android OS upgrade, it just is but the results are well worth the aggravation.

FDR WILL resolve almost all if not all problems everyone that installed straight over GB is having. For some, wiping the cache has helped, but i wouldn't expect it to be the answer to all that plagues ICS without the FDR.

http://db.tt/WStPyWln

Here is the Zumocast .apk that can sideload on your phone since you can't download it from the play store.

Just download and open it to install, be sure to uninstall motocast first.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

OP
crimattyple

crimattyple

Reaction score
Still doesn't work. It installs fine, but when you open it, it says it's an unsupported device.

tbb1226

Reaction score
Still doesn't work. It installs fine, but when you open it, it says it's an unsupported device.
That was my experience as well. I finally bit the bullet and did the FDR, and four hours later I had all my apps back, and Zumocast now works again!
dancedroid

Motocast still installs and gives me the "device not supported" error when launched, but I never did have Motocast before, so NBD.

I'm not 100% sure it was worth the hassle, but thanks 2THEXTRM for taking the time to respond with your recommendation.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
That was my experience as well. I finally bit the bullet and did the FDR, and four hours later I had all my apps back, and Zumocast now works again!
dancedroid

Motocast still installs and gives me the "device not supported" error when launched, but I never did have Motocast before, so NBD.

I'm not 100% sure it was worth the hassle, but thanks 2THEXTRM for taking the time to respond with your recommendation.

Your welcome! And thanks for providing confirmation that an FDR resolved Zumocast issues! You'll likely also notice better battery life, a speedier launcher and no odd random glitches that plague those that haven't FDR'd too so welcome to the real ICS! Lol

Motocast does not seem to work on our Bionics despite coming preinstalled with ICS but Zumocast does and they are essentially the same app.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
This may interest those who use Zumocast and like to save internal space on your phone also:)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1955198

Edited: Noticing this isn't working the same on ICS, I'm trying to determine if its still possible!

Edited Again: well it appears that ICS doesn't have the ability to change media sync from internal storage to SD card like GB! I have tried everything and every setting i can find, darn. Might not be using Zumocast as much unless JB fixes the option to change media location.