MotoCast causing battery drain

linuxgator

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the MotoCast process is running almost constantly after using My Music? I'm not talking about the MotoCast app that can be downloaded from Play store, but a process that comes with the ICS Leaks. It shows up as com.motorola.motoconnect in the battery info screen. I haven't set up MotoCast with my computer and it never asked for any kind of login. I have disabled all of the internet required features in the My Music player, yet it still runs. If I try disabling/freezing the process, My Music will no longer show any of the music that I have stored locally. It is frustrating, as I generally like the layout and features of the My Music app, but it is useless if this process runs and kills my battery when I try to listen to any music. If anyone understands what is going on with this process, or can figure out a workaround, please let me know. I have seen the same behavior on the .232, .235, and .238 leaks, and have done a factory data reset and cleared cache/dalvik/etc. a couple of times.

bbucks36

Reaction score
do u use motocast? if not freeze it.. same as zumocast .. i consider those crapware

OP
linuxgator

linuxgator

Reaction score
I don't have MotoCast app installed, this is a built in process. If I freeze it, I am unable to use the My Music app. Hence the dilemma. I actually used ZumoCast quite a bit on my Droid 3, but haven't since I got the Bionic.

bbucks36

Reaction score
i deleted that long ago and have no problems running google play music or power amp... what music player you use?

OP
linuxgator

linuxgator

Reaction score
My Music. The default music player in the ICS leaks. It starts up with MotoCast frozen, but won't display any music. I don't care much for Google Music or power amp personally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bbucks36

Reaction score
ah ok the motplayer.. i deleted that also .. crapware. well other then that your stuck....i dont have much of motorola running in background.. except for the com.motorola.home running since i like the stock launcher..good luckView attachment 54249