Zeam App Beta testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We would like some beta testers to help the dev of zeam locate any issues with the app to help improve and make it better for the users
Here is the criteria for testers:

1) Need to know your droid or droid incredible, if you are new to the droid or do not know the o.s. then you will not be much help.

2) Do not need to be rooted but would like a good mix of rooted and unrooted testers.

3) Able to detect or have an idea of what caused the f/c. Is it an app, task killer, etc.

We would like to provide the developer with some good data. He does not have a moto droid (he has a desire) so I felt this would be a good place to get knowledgeable droid owners to test and provide good feedback of any issues.

I have played with it for a day and have noticed an issue with auto killer. But it could be something I have set wrong. Having more testers help to rid out outliers and get good info to the dev.

Thanks.

P.s. Hookbill is aware of this thread please do not close.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Install zeam from the market (its free) and just use it as normal. If you notice any f/cs or things that needs improvement post feedback here. We already know that it does not support lwp or work in portrait mode, the dev is working on that for the next updates.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Device: Motorola Droid
ROM: CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 w/ CleanLooks theme & Bekit 1ghz Kernel

I installed Zeam yesterday and so far haven't noticed any issues. I do wish that it would go into landscape and that you could set any app to the Left/Right buttons. Other than that, it seems to be working great and running smooth.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Device: Droid
ROM: 2.1 rooted OC'd w/Chevyno1's 7-slot med voltage 1.2ghz kernel.

Zeam with 5 screens, animation set to scale.

No fc's but does lag when using SetCPU active widget. Will try using another active widget to see if its due to the active aspect or just SetCPU.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
FC when answering Handcent popup in landscape. Popup won't go into landscape, due to Zeam restriction, so once landscape is working with Zeam should be fixed.

+1 for being able to customize buttons, or at least have browser option.

ValkF6

Reaction score
Wife and I have been using Zeam since yesterday, both of us running non-rooted standard software. Only issue so far was one FC on landscape mode. We're both happy with the application, it simply adds more home screens. The phone icon at the bottom is nice too, it almost reminds me that this device is a phone.

... Tom

Slipstream

Reaction score
Device: Droid
ROM: Bugless Beast 1.0 with NexTheme, OC w/ BeKit 800mhz

Pros:

-Ultra snappy! One of the fastest I've tried.
-Matches the NexTheme notification bar really well.
-Easy to use.

Cons:

-Seems to limit me on the number of widgets I can use. I placed half a dozen on five screens, but any after that cause the app to FC or the widget simply doesn't work (Error Loading Widget message shows immediately).

-Sizing issues with Beautiful Widgets. The numbers on the clock don't align with the background correctly so everything looks skewed.

-Numerous FC loops, although they eventually stop when I stop trying to add widgets. Shortcuts seem to be okay.

-Needs more customization on the right / left buttons. Email, SMS, Browser, etc would be great links.

With some work, I think this could be a GREAT home replacement!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Noticed phone started running hotter than normal as well.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Stock 2.1 nonroot. MotoDroid. So far my only issue is I can't change font colors in CalWidget.

mac6324

Reaction score
Installed the latest version from the Market, HOLY COW my phone flies now. Uninstalled Helix2 for good. No issues for me at all.

Ok, just a few... didn't see that BetterCut didn't work, just a minor inconvenience. When exiting the Google Voice app I have to hit the back button twice, didn't have to before. Will watch battery use and temp also. Still runs buttery smooth.

Last edited:

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Oh my, this is by far the best home app I've found yet, the buttons at the bottom were a great touch.

Device: Moto Droid / unrooted 2.1.

Pros:
-Very snappy, quicker than the original home, even the apps list was quicker.
-Nice touch with the buttons at the bottom but the "screen viewer" is sorta useless since it's quicker to just scroll from one screen to the other.

Cons:
-Seems to have issues with widgets at first? They seem to be working fine now after about half an hour.

It'll be my home replacement once it's done and has landscape mode :) Hats off to the devs

Bugs/issues: Doesn't seem to like widgets. Pandora widget won't display the buttons. Snow storm (weather app) widget won't load. Handcent sms widget won't do anything. I tried about 6 other widgets as well and none would work. [edit] after about 30 minutes my widgets started to work..odd lol.

Reaction score
didnt use it enough to get a fc or anything, only tried it for a couple minutes but can see some potential..i doubt it'll stay as quick and smooth as they add features, but i think it can be a real challenger to the other homes.

my only suggestion is to allow any app on the sides, just keep it categorized under messaging/email etc. so you can keep it simple and use the plain white icons on the launcher.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the dev did show up and am glad to have him apart of this community. The app has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.