Z4root failing

Jordan8

Reaction score
So I've rooted my phone both manually & with z4root. Change roms like I change socks. Today a friend was wanting to use the wireless tether app, & wanted me to get it working. Well I installed z4root, enabled debugging & all that cool stuff & hit permanent root on her phone.

Well it did the spinny wheel thing for about 20mins & froze up. Did a battery pull, reinstalled the app & tried again... same thing. At that point we had class so I couldn't try anything else.

Any ideas?

Note: She's running the latest OTA, virgin phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JRobzilla

Reaction score
I've had Z4root version 1.30 fail at rooting (would take so long I'd just give up), but every time I try Z4root version 1.0 it does the job just fine.

So if you're trying Z4root 1.30 I'd try version 1.0.

bL33d

Reaction score
I've had Z4root version 1.30 fail at rooting (would take so long I'd just give up), but every time I try Z4root version 1.0 it does the job just fine.

So if you're trying Z4root 1.30 I'd try version 1.0.

U have a link?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Out of the 6 phones I have rooted so far, only 2 of them have "hung" while using z4root. 1 took 3 battery pulls before rooting was applied, while the other only took a reboot, no battery pull.

All 6 were done using the version of z4root I have linked in my signature from Megaupload...v1.3.0

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for v1.3.0 and exactly what BodyBagz said!

Out of the 6 phones I have rooted so far, only 2 of them have "hung" while using z4root. 1 took 3 battery pulls before rooting was applied, while the other only took a reboot, no battery pull.

All 6 were done using the version of z4root I have linked in my signature from Megaupload...v1.3.0

DroidForums Junkie!!

rolandct

Reaction score
Everytime I used z4root with wifi on it failed, every time with it off it worked. FWIW