Z4root not working. Help?

metawarlord

Reaction score
I rooted my phone with z4root and it worked fine. I tried on my dads phone (droid x as well) it sat for a few minutes nothing happened so we popped the battery and tried again. This time it sat for approximately 20 minutes. Still stuck in the first screen. If I took the sd card out which has only God knows how many apps on it. Would it work to root the phone that way? Or should we try a different method all together?

Thanks,
Metawarlord

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DThomp

Reaction score
Try turning airplane mode on. That's the trick I learned when trying to reroot 2.3.32

Reaction score
I rooted my phone with z4root and it worked fine. I tried on my dads phone (droid x as well) it sat for a few minutes nothing happened so we popped the battery and tried again. This time it sat for approximately 20 minutes. Still stuck in the first screen. If I took the sd card out which has only God knows how many apps on it. Would it work to root the phone that way? Or should we try a different method all together?

Thanks,
Metawarlord

i saw something on p3droid's twitter a while back about z4root not working. he recommended the manual droid 2 root method.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-x-2-2-rooted-using-droid-2-root-method.html

fatpomp

Reaction score
Try this. Uninstall z4root then reboot your phone. When it boots up reinstall z4root but before you run it reboot again. When it boots up try to root.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Well airplane mode didn't work. So I guess we'll try the rebooting method. If not then we may try that droid2 manual method. Thanks guys if anything happpens I'll let y'all know.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Also make sure the version of z4root your using is 1.3.0

playah8ta

Reaction score
Hey guys im having a problem with z4root...i have a droid incredible and i have z4 root downoaded..whn i started off i did a temporary root...it worked fine but later wanted to have themes so i went to go do a perminent root..everything looked fine..it went through all the steps said it was going to rebooy and did. But when it was done rebooting nothing changed and when i go back to z4root ot asks if i want to do temp or permanent and all the root apps i had say im not rooted.many times i have tried this.and it.never works..but weirdly the temp one still works. I have tried the airplane mode thing and sd card none have worked.btw i have z4root 1.3.0..please helpp

GunnerOnASpooky

Reaction score
The incredible can't be rooted with z4. Google Unrevok3d

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk