Z3 looks to be a complete bomb

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know, I am hoping for a Z4 Force...but know it probably won't happen. But I will still buy a Z4 with Gorilla Glass to get that bigger screen, in screen fingerprint sensor, and just to have a newer phone. Shattershield has been great, but it will soon be time to go back to worrying when we drop a phone. We have been spoiled for a few years with dropping our phones and not worrying one bit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well the Z4 was just announced on the Moto website. Maybe we can have an Admin create a Z4 community here. Supposed to be a Verizon model announced soon also, right now it's just the unlocked version from Moto.
b7ca5ac15ea1b852d71a2ef3e427fb62.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto posted on Twitter this morning that there would be no additional Z4 phones released this year. R.I.P. Shattershield. It was great while it lasted. I'm glad to have owned all three Shattershield phones, and still have two in use right now, and one as a spare.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know what you mean. I will definitely miss the "piece of mind" that Shattershield offers. But I guess all of us that do like it will have to get used to good ol' Gorilla Glass again, or keep rocking our Z Force / Z2 Force until they just don't run any longer.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I caved and just got a warranty on my 6t. And, of course, have yet to drop it.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I know, I am hoping for a Z4 Force...but know it probably won't happen. But I will still buy a Z4 with Gorilla Glass to get that bigger screen, in screen fingerprint sensor, and just to have a newer phone. Shattershield has been great, but it will soon be time to go back to worrying when we drop a phone. We have been spoiled for a few years with dropping our phones and not worrying one bit.

I like having the real button in z2 force that does all the gestures as opposed to a glass button. Everything doesn't have to be virtualization

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I Read the article seems like it might be ok too bad it doesn't have shattershield water resistance and 5g that would be a good phone. How is it for battery length. Is it better than a z2 force that I'm still using.

No Moto Z will ever be water proof because of the Moto Mod connectors. Shattershield died two years ago. And it is 5G capable with the 5G Mod. There are two cities with 5G....two. and some more (some) later this year. So 5G is a long ways away for every day use. The Z4 has a 3600 mAh battery, so it's almost 1000 mAh larger than a Z2. That's all we know. They haven't shipped yet so we don't know real life usage yet.

Last edited: