VZN to carry THREE Phablets ??!!

spydergirl

Reaction score
Read an interesting comment in a thread on the forum below :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/zg4dm/htcs_5inch_phablet_makes_an_appearance_in/

From "dreadnaughtfearnot" -

VZW will still be releasing the LG, along with the Note II. expect to see all 3 phablets in the lineup. Which IMO is not a great idea for inventory purposes, but it is happening.

I am employed by one of the companies involved in a position high enough up the proper chain to be "in the know". VZW announced the LG Intuition a couple of days ago, and it actually went on sale today: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller? item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5951 I have used both the Intuition and Note II on Verizon's network, but admittedly have no hands on experience with the HTC. Expect the Note II in the 4th Quarter. A VZW version of it has been planned since the original Note launch, when Verizon opted to pass and instead pick up a second edition if the original sold well. On an Intuition VS Note II basis, while the Note II will almost certainly launch at a higher price point (at least it is planned to) the Intuition feels like a poor copy. While it runs ICS very well and the UI feels fluid, it lacks any "phablet" specific wow features. In short, it is a large phone with a stylus, and has a much smaller battery. The Note II will run 4.1 and has a bevy of useful features specifically for the stylus and multitasking. It also feels much better in the hand. I completely understand if you don't feel my information is credible, and no hard feelings. No I am not willing to state my exact company and position. Just trying to offer up a little bit of information.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

huskur

Reaction score
Saw the LG Intuition last night at a VZW store. That thing is HUGE and that comparing it to the GS3!! I will pass though on the LG and wait for the Note II. Sammy has impressed me that much! I would like to see a comparison between the Note II and the LG Intuition.

Reeftivo

Reaction score
not much of a comparison to the intuition. The LG looks like a brick, smaller processor, s-pen is not onbaord and on and on.

Still may be nice for some but not for me. I'll wait for the Note 2.

I can't believe peole aren't pounding down the doors on these forums to inquire about this phablet. Most people must hate large phones or just haven't heard about it yet. That video showing the features and absence of any lag time should make most people drool.

Awsome, simple awsome!!!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
I happened to stop by TWO different VZN stores today in my travels and when I commented to the salespeople about the Note 2 coming, they all immediately referenced the Intuition as the "Note's competitor." I told them that it was FAR from comparable to the NOTE'S specs and they all turned their noses up at me and had very little else to say. When I told them the Note 2 was coming to VZN in October, they ALL claimed to know "nothing" about it. VZN has the WORST customer service, BY FAR at ANY level !!! If it wasn't the best cell service around here, I'd switch to ATT in a heartbeat simply on PRINCIPLE and because they have always treated me so well in their stores!

goosedeath

Reaction score
spydergirl said:
I happened to stop by TWO different VZN stores today in my travels and when I commented to the salespeople about the Note 2 coming, they all immediately referenced the Intuition as the "Note's competitor." I told them that it was FAR from comparable to the NOTE'S specs and they all turned their noses up at me and had very little else to say. When I told them the Note 2 was coming to VZN in October, they ALL claimed to know "nothing" about it. VZN has the WORST customer service, BY FAR at ANY level !!! If it wasn't the best cell service around here, I'd switch to ATT in a heartbeat simply on PRINCIPLE and because they have always treated me so well in their stores!

No doubt about it you were in a zvw store! Lol

Reeftivo

Reaction score
Their VZ HQ probably told managers if their employees mention anything about an unofficial release, they'll be canned.

Sounds like when I had asked VZ about the rumors regarding the OG note a while back. I got a similar response.

If you ask about something they don't have or cannot sell on the floor, they clam up and blow you off.

Typical VZ

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
I dont understand the article. So, does that mean there is yet a THIRD Galaxy Note coming out with all those fantastic specs ?? Looks absolutely amazing!!!!!

Reeftivo

Reaction score
its only a concept teaser but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to fruition in a year or so.
The HTC One X 5 (or whatever they will end up calling it) most likely will be having an announcement coming up soon, so heck why not a note X! Sure is a sweet concept!

Can't wait for an announcement on the note 2 though! :hail:Need it now!!