YUUUUGE Verizon News! Unlimited Data Returning!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on staying with my 30gb plan... If they do some BS, Fi may be my next...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
All those folks that got rid of their UDPs because it was too expensive.... this must sting a bit.

S5 tap'n
For me...not really. I saved $67 a month when I gave up UDP, that's $804 a year. I am not happy with a $10 a month increase on my L plan...not at all. But, I will still be saving $57 a month on what I was paying for UDP. It's not great, but still saving $684 a year. That may not be worth it for everyone, but I am OK with my decision. No other choice but to live with it. I guess the bright side is...we get 4GB more data to share each month. Gee, thanks Verizon. I should have known they would jack up the rates at some point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. Idk how I'm feeling about this. $10 more a month for us and we get bumped from 6-8GB? We barely hit 6 each month. I was considering paying the extra $5 a month for the Safety Plan or whatever, but I guess I'm gonna be stuck with paying twice that. I was also toying with making the jump up to the next plan higher so I wouldn't have to really keep an eye on our usage, but that's off the table for me now too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just noticed the last statement in that article

"Existing customers will get the choice to change to these new plans and rates, but they won't be forced into them"

Maybe we will not be forced into the new rates and can keep our existing rates?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't read that far down. That would be good. I'd much rather pay $5 more a month than $10 and only be limited by speed instead of amount of data. At least for a start. Maybe I try it and get more careless with my usage and decide that I hate the slower speeds. I'd still like the option to check it out. Even rollover would probably take care of us most of the year.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Funny, I was on the phone with a tier-two tech support rep just two days ago and mentioned UDP and whether it was ever coming back. He said, "they're working on it", but as it's been said before, I decided it wasn't news-worthy.

IDK, I would have to do some "scenarios" to see what "tier" would be best to start with and also would have do some testing at 3G to see if I can stand it once the 4G runs out, but it could be an alternative to the full-blown UDP I have now.

The "roll-over minutes" is another nice development and I do believe that is actually a bigger piece of news, though it's only rolling over one month. I want to see roll-over minutes being in perpetuity. This would make choosing a tiered plan easier and I'd feel less like I'd not get my money's worth.
Without a doubt. I'm not leaving VZW now if this is the case. I bet it has something to do with the 5G testing, which would be deployed to Central NJ as a pilot program. When that goes nationwide (talking like 2020 timeframe) 4G would be a "throttled" speed. At least you won't get nailed for using 20 gigs at a cost of $150+ on a 10 gig plan. It may stink if you're getting only 200 kbytes, but it's a compromise versus paying out the nose. Question is what kind of deals would they have once It's bundled with FiOS.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Is it $5 for Safety? I would go for that. If i change my legacy plan i have to go from $15 a line to $20 plus $10 to go to the 8GB plan. Its better to go for the $5 and keep everyone one else limited but myself.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've been on the same 30gb plan since getting the S4, and they have changed and added plans over the years, mine didn't change.