Yup another Noob...lol

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
1st off, I'm Connor. I'm a 20 y/o Sophomore in college, with moderate tech skills, but I'm learning more everyday.

Ok so I've recently rooted my Droid, and Flashed my 1st Rom, and added a RZ Kernel. I love my Droid more then ever. lol

So I've been wondering what I should do next? I've seen stuff about RZ's Recovery, and Wireless Tethering, but frankly all that stuff seems way above my head atm.

Any help/advice would be welcome. Thank you ahead of time.
dancedroid

:welcome: to the community Connor. congrats on the droid and all the customizing you have completed on it. they are an addiction or my D2 has been for me. anyways sounds about like you have done about everything i have done to mine but you might want to check out the image editing software called GIMP. its a free dowload and you can create all your own wallpapers and about any image you want. you also might want to check out the app called metamorph because i use it to flash icons and other lil customizations. hope this can help. enjoy the stay. btw im james

Haha Thank you James and Miss Princess.

And yeah now that I've rooted my phone I've gotten hooked, and I'm constantly looking for more stuff to do. I will definitely give GIMP & Metamorph a look over.
:D

Also might want to give "mynet" a search also it works just like the stock 3G hotspot. Mynet comes on the Liberty v1.5 rom but might be worth lookin up. Tethering i believe is kinda like makin your droid the router like for a computer. Other devices just use the broad casted wireless signal that is sent out the droid and you can password protect it like a router also i think. Havent ever really tethered due to having wireless internet here at the house but it would come in handy on road trips i bet. really doesnt sound that hard if you read up on it some.

4 other apps:
droid overclock (easily overclock and set voltages)
shoot me (screenshot app)
dropbox (makes sharing files so much easier)
quadrant stanard (kinda fun to see how fast your phone is)

Last edited:
Would you recommend Droid Overclock or SetCPU, both seem to do the same thing.

I own both setcpu and droid overclock and droid overclock out performs setcpu in every way. You can actually overclock the cpu and set the voltages with droid overclock and setcpu is just for scaling preset frequencies

Sent from my Liberated D2

Ok cool thank you. I've noticed JRummy has a lot of great Rooted apps available, I downloaded his "Root Tools" App as well. dancedroid

jrummy also has a twitter if you do the twitter thing. jrummy is very supportive of his apps if you have any problems with them like force closes

+1! Jrummy is probably one of the best devs when it comes to skill, knowledge, and support!

jrummy also has a twitter if you do the twitter thing. jrummy is very supportive of his apps if you have any problems with them like force closes

DroidForums Junkie!!

Yeah I've noticed how high quality all his Apps are. I'm proud to buy his apps and help support further development.

Also I just installed Wireless Tethering today and I love it. lol I'm curious if there is a suggested App that works best, or any warnings when it comes to tethering.

Want a themed Wireless Tether? ;)

Yeah I've noticed how high quality all his Apps are. I'm proud to buy his apps and help support further development.

Also I just installed Wireless Tethering today and I love it. lol I'm curious if there is a suggested App that works best, or any warnings when it comes to tethering.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Back