I am SUCH a noob.. gotta find how to fix this OS... i think...

phonefixerman

Reaction score
ok, so yes.. i'm a noob.. :blink: i'm a hard parts replacement guy that has taken to doing some software stuff so i can expand my brains a little bit.. but i've found a barrier. I've been hunting this newbie forum, and lookin through the tech posts and sticky's and all that... but i cant seem to find what i want.. and i think it's because I don't really KNOW what I want...

My dilemma... I just got this droid X off ebay because it was broken. the only problem with it is that it will not go farther than "LIBERTY" when it turns on... I did the HOLD POWER AND VOLUME to give me the "bootloader" screen.. looks like

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

what do i do from here? links maybe? some more reading? I'll take any offers that will even just point me in the right direction!

Thanks droiders!!:icon_ banana:

Well the good news is since it turns on and you get that screen it is not broken. At this point what you need to do is "SBF" using RSD Lite. There are a ton of great guides, including video ones, on how to do it.

To start off I would recommend Google searching for "Droid X SBF Files" and "Droid X SBF Guides." Both searches should yield a ton of great info and the first of the 2 will get you the files you need to do it with.

SWEET!!! it worked after a few tries and figuring out what i had to do in order and how to prioritize my computer tasks.. good stuff!!! now that i've spent... 4 hours downloading all that and many many many do overs, i got the droid back to "sbf" right? the little droid dude is on the screen and the two options on the bottom emergency call or activate...

only problem is,... i tried to activate and the phone is still attatched to another line. got it on ebay, so i cant get the original owner to release the line... so now i have a great big worthless droid..

unless there's a way to get past the lil green goblin... lol :mad:

They won't release it? If they boasted a clean ESN in the auction I would file a claim with eBay and try to get your money back.

see that's the problem.. i just did the sbf jazz that you led me too and now i gots it fixed i don't really wanna return it so they can use it

Yeah that is a bit of a pickle. But at least you would get your money back. As it stands now you have a phone that does work but you can't use it. Just my opinion though it is obviously up to you.

So I did figure something out tho.... just because I couldn't activate it on my line... doesn't mean I couldn't try to activate it on its old number. :)
I went through the activation process and instead of the not offered option 3 to ftp my number in,
I used option 1 to program it to its old number. WORKED GREAT!!!

Welcome to the site. Wonder what the other guy will think when he starts getting billed for you using the phone? DancingNexus :icon_ devil:

Back