youtube question

metalmenance

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have youtube display in high quality by default instead of having to select it each time.
My speed plays the high quality without a flaw everytime and it would just be nice to have this option. Until now with the droid i wasnt a big youtube person but man I am now!!! :):icon_ banana:
:motdroidvert:
Side note,,,,, had many windows mobile devices and even couple BB
and I personally think even with its new device quirks that should be worked out with updates, this droid is by far the fastest device i have owned and am very happy with what it offers over the others

mach330

Reaction score
hopefully it's part of the dec 11 update. that would be nice. i did notice that it goes to high res if you're in wifi by default.

Lafond

Reaction score
hopefully it's part of the dec 11 update. that would be nice. i did notice that it goes to high res if you're in wifi by default.

Hmm, well that leads me to believe it was an issue Verizon sought to implement on the phone in an effort to not clog up the network as much.

Still would like a workaround to have default HD video to make use of the absolutely amazing screen resolution on this thing.

Stigy

Reaction score
Actually you can already do this...

If you are on Wifi the HQ videos will play by default, BUT if you are on 3G they won't. To activate the HQ video on Youtube, when the video starts playing hit Menu > More > Watching in high quality.

And then enjoy the amazing-ness that is the DROID screen.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
If you are on the 3G network, it defaults to "normal quality". If you are connected to wifi, it defaults to "high quality".

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really hope they have a fix for this as this is really annoying. I really wish their youtube app was a bit more polished. I'd really like to be able to see my "newest Subscription" videos like on the youtube site/iPod touch.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Sounds like a cookie issue, on my Blackberry (verizon) once I choose HQ, every video I go to is HQ if available.

Are you signed in at youtube? This might help.

Lafond

Reaction score
I don't think it's a cookie issue, I think Verizon didn't want people eating up bandwidth streaming HQ videos as default.

This is with me both being logged out and signed in to YouTube.