youtube mobile problem. help!

patriot839

Reaction score
i have always got this msg on many videos i try to play on my droid it is really frusterating thier is a thread in her about it but nothing useful posted thier as of yet

MCoon

Reaction score
I am having problems uploading a 9.56mb video through youtube and gmail through the 3g and wifi network. I keep getting file to large error message or youtube says it can't find account information. Can anyone help? I am ready to throw my droid through the window. At this point, Droid doesn't should be the slogan, not Droid does!

kbayer

Reaction score
I kinda went thru the same crap, but I did soooo much to try and "fix" it that I can't pinpoint any one thing. I know I went to youtube and found a place in my account setting to "unlink" accounts, which I did. I logged back into youtube on my Droid,(which it then FINALLY let me do), and the video then uploaded... Again, I did some other crap too that I don't remember as it was all just a frantic blur and I stayed borderline regarding throwing it out the window. I'm glad now that I didn't as all is now right with the world. If I remember some other stuff, I'll definately come back and post here, but in my searching, I noticed many, many, many such problems, so just know we ain't the only ones.

BLS

Reaction score
I deleted my cache and data as suggested and it FIXED youtube for me.

roothogger

Reaction score
I've never been able to upload vids on mine, keeps saying searching for wifi, what am I doing wrong?

kbayer

Reaction score
Yeah, to upload video, you have to have a wifi connection first... can't just be 3G.
Once it connects to wifi, it can start uploading. The only other option is to hook the phone to the computer with a USB cable, send the vids to your computer, the upload to youtube from there.

highbl00d

Reaction score
thats the problem Ive been having. it keeps sayin "waiting for wifi", an I think the only wifi signal is at jamba juice by my house..LoL

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Another question... is there an upload size limit on the Droid app?? I've been uploading videos for a couple months with no problems but I tried a couple the other day that are over 100mb and now matter how many times I try ... they don't show up on youtube ... they upload ok and say complete but then they just disappear into thin air... frustrating

highbl00d

Reaction score
better yet, what is the best way to UL videos? like mentioned, i tried uploading a video and it said searching for WiFi. is there anything other than youtube to UL a video? or should I walk down to Jamba and do it there..LoL

modette

Reaction score
Could you not just plug the phone into your PC's USB connection and transfer the video over and upload it?

The test video I did to youtube worked fine over my WiFi.