Youtube crashes after. 902 update

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
Hey all, is anyone else having problems with YouTube after installing the. 902 update? I was on. 901 and installed the 22 mb patch for. 902. It's a repeatable crash and crashes every time i go to "My Channel"

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
I can confirm this. Same thing happening to me.

mikespe

Reaction score
Funny that just started...yesterday it just wouldn't show the list of videos saying that "This List can't Be Viewed"....I posted the issue on the Soak Testers forum at Motorola...Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here.

I suggest that we all go try it and report each time. Hopefully YouTube will get the word and do an update.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its not unique to bionic, my RAZR is doing g it too, and its from you tubes update not motos. My bionic is doing great on YouTube. Idk what the deal is
My RAZR hasn't updated yet though, I wonder if that's part of my issue.
sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
mgrizzy80

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
This problem never surfaced until after the update though... hmmm

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right. I don't think it had a problem with .901. Must be something in that last part.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk... YouTube did an update a day or so ago, that's when I started having the issue....?????

sent from my RAZR MAXX

lykofos

Reaction score
Idk... YouTube did an update a day or so ago, that's when I started having the issue....?????

I didn't have this happen on .901 either. It could just be a close coincidence tho. I haven't used the YouTube app in a few days, so if YouTube auto updated itself recently and I installed the .902 update, it could be either one or both things causing the issue. Seems like it may be a YouTube app issue since other type of phone users are reporting it too.

OP
mgrizzy80

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
I just checked the market for any related complaints about it crashing in "my channel", it is FILLED with complaints about this problem.... only thing is I don't see an option to report this issue when it crashes

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I'm still running .893 and YouTube
crashes when I try to open my channel as well.

lykofos

Reaction score
Let me correct my last post, in the case of the Bionic, it seems to be the .902 that is causing the "My Channel" crash. Android Market YouTube link says:
YouTube
Updated: December 16, 2011
Current Version: 2.3.4

I also check the YouTube app on my phone and the last time it updated was in December. So, the last YouTube update was over a month ago, and "My Channel" wasn't force closing on .901. In the case of the Bionic, it seems to definitely be the .902 update causing this.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked the market for any related complaints about it crashing in "my channel", it is FILLED with complaints about this problem.... only thing is I don't see an option to report this issue when it crashes

When it crashes on mine I get the message

Sorry application YouTube (Process.com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

And gives me the option to either Force Close or Report. I'm doing the latter, with the message that I'm on 5.9.902 Bionic.

I put a review in the App Market and remarked on how long ago the update was.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is a Youtube app problem.

Tested on:
Droid Bionic
Droid Pro
Droid X
Droid Incredible
OG Droid