Youtube app not resuming interrupted video

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, y'all.

First of all, sorry if this thread has been discussed already somewhere in this giant forum. I looked, though not as thoroughly as I could've.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way of making the phone and/or the Youtube app auto-resume an interrupted video right were it left off. (For instance, we used to be able to be watching a vid, get a call, hang up and the app auto-resumed where it was; nowadays, after the last update --a couple of months back or so--, you have to restart the video manually.)

Just wondering... hoping someone's found a cure to this.

Rocky

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Maybe no one has anything to share on this? Oh well. It's cool.

Rocky

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't experienced this.

CM74D2
Maybe you've got the old version, the one you can't watch Youtube vids except in landscape mode?

Do you mean you're watching a Youtube video and if a call interrupts it, after you hang up the video auto-resumes exactly where it was?

I've gotta wrap it up. I'll try to come check on your feedback tomorrow or later on.

Have a good one.

Rocky

googlelover

Reaction score
Which phone is this happening on? If its the OG droid then it might just be running out of RAM and kicking the youtube app out of it and it loses its place. If not then I don't know, never heard of anyone else complaining about this.

DC 1127

Reaction score
Dont worry. I know exactly what you are talking about. As far as i know there isnt a way to make it resume where it left off. Its really annoying when im in the middle of a video and i get a call then have to guess at which point the video was at. I think it might be the app itself. Not the phone. But still no way to fix it. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I misread your post. I was thinking netflix. That resumes fine. Youtube has to be manually restarted. It's always been like that.
Yes, I'm on the latest version

CM74D2

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, guys.

Which phone is this happening on? If its the OG droid then it might just be running out of RAM and kicking the youtube app out of it and it loses its place. If not then I don't know, never heard of anyone else complaining about this.
I'd like to know which android phone do you have and if you actually DO NOT experience the same as me and at least poster DC 1127. I wonder if you didn't misread mi post.

Dont worry. I know exactly what you are talking about. As far as i know there isnt a way to make it resume where it left off. Its really annoying when im in the middle of a video and i get a call then have to guess at which point the video was at. I think it might be the app itself. Not the phone. But still no way to fix it. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Hey, no need to be sorry. It's pretty obvious that indeed it's Youtube's app itself to blame for that. I don't understand why they'd make the app better in some ways and worse in others.

I was merely hoping someone knew how to either go back to the first Youtube app or —better yet— get that same feature (along with another feature they had that I liked) in the newer one.

But I know posting this here will hardly make a difference.

Sorry, I misread your post. I was thinking netflix. That resumes fine. Youtube has to be manually restarted. It's always been like that.
Yes, I'm on the latest version

CM74D2
I don't know for how long have you had an android phone; I have since the D1 came out and no, it wasn't like that before. When a call interrupted your video, you would either let it go to voicemail or take it and hang up and it'd automatically resume where it was. I think you could even exit the app, do something else and then reopen it and keep watching where you left off.

You could also get video suggestions after a video is done playing while on landscape mode, which now you can't anymore.

Good day

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had my d2 for 7 months now and it's always been like that. Then again, I've always been on the newer version :)

CM74D2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a pretty big gripe of mine. I have a friend that calls me at the most inopportune moments and three times this week he called me right in the middle of watching a video and I had to start over. It sucks but there seems to be no way around it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
This is a pretty big gripe of mine. I have a friend that calls me at the most inopportune moments and three times this week he called me right in the middle of watching a video and I had to start over. It sucks but there seems to be no way around it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
With the recent and latest Youtube update that video resuming problem improved. I just realized today when I received a call while watching a video: when I later hung up, Youtube gave me the option to press "Play" to resume where it left off. So it doesn't auto-resume, but it goes back to the vid and lets you decide if you wanna keep wathching. Cool.

All I'd like to see are the landscape mode suggestions -- again.

Regards

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
In case anyone's interested, I found an app that will play youtube vids in the background, even while using other apps or turning off the screen: it's called PVStar+. The UI kinda sucks, but it works.