Youtube App - No way to share a video?

droid100

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone on here knows the answer to this because it's something that's been bugging me since I first got an android based phone...

How do I share a video with someone through the youtube app? The only option i have on "My Channel" is Delete when i click the little options arrow next to a video... is there now ay to share a video from within the youtube app?

The only way I've been able to do this is going through the mobile site and extracting the URL that way. This makes it damn near useless as far as video sharing is concerned... there's no easy way to send someone a video short of doing a crappy quality MMS video over text...

The iPhone Youtube App has a "Share this video" button that does what I'm looking for...

There also doesn't appear to be a way to set a video to "unlisted" instead of "public"... am I missing something or does android's youtube app just suck?

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To share a video, open it and while it is playing hold the phone in the portrait position and at the top right, next to the like and dislike buttons, is the more button. Hit the more button and one of the options is share.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
To share a video, open it and while it is playing hold the phone in the portrait position and at the top right, next to the like and dislike buttons, is the more button. Hit the more button and one of the options is share.

Thanks! I guess I was expecting in the list mode... this was never obvious to me and I've been running android for a while.

I'm guessing there's no way to make it set the videos to unlisted by default...

lild304

Reaction score
To expand on this, is there a way to post a video directly to a friend's Facebook page? I know how to post it to my wall/page. I saw the copy url option on YouTube but I'm not sure where it copies to or how to paste it into a friend's comment box. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you copy the URL of a video all you have to do is go to comment on your friends wall and long press in the text field and choose paste.