Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's incredibly convenient. The watch is basically an extension of the phone. My current phone is a Note 4, so it's pretty big and its QHD screen can chew up battery pretty quick under the right circumstances.

Instead of pulling it out of my pocket and turning on the screen every time I get a notification, my watch vibrates and I can view it right there. Depending on the app, I can interact right from the watch, open the app on the phone, so by the time I DO take it out of my pocket, the app in question is loaded up and showing the information in question. Alternatively, if I don't care about the notification at the time, it's a simple swipe to dismiss it and then it's not hanging around in my notification tray when I turn my phone's screen on later to do something more important.

For things like Hangouts messages and gmail, I can respond by voice-to-text without ever pulling my phone from my pocket.

If I wanted to (I rarely do), I could change the face on my watch every day to suit my mood or, as the app in the OP does here, better match my wardrobe.

Then there are the apps. They're a bit limited right now, since Android Wear is still young, but there are some handy ones.

I have an app that vibrates the watch when it disconnects from my phone and gives me an option to ring the phone if I accidentally leave it behind.

There's an app that acts as a camera remote, so you can prop the phone up across the room for a group picture and see the shot on the watch and use the watch to trigger the shutter. This can also be used to get a better look inside or under something, as you can hold your phone under the car (for example) and use it's camera to view what's under there on the watch itself.

As I said, AW is still new and more apps are being developed as well as existing apps adding functionality, but given the number of manufactures getting into the wearable game, there's no reason to believe that development will stop any time soon.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Valvoline

Reaction score
There's an app that acts as a camera remote, so you can prop the phone up across the room for a group picture and see the shot on the watch and use the watch to trigger the shutter. This can also be used to get a better look inside or under something, as you can hold your phone under the car (for example) and use it's camera to view what's under there on the watch itself.

That's sick! And not at all a way to spy on people, Lol. Which watch do you have?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, back on topic, I'm not currently using this watch, but it has received an update almost every day (sometimes more than one) since I installed it after reading this thread.

Now they apparently added different faces and a color picker.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The ring for the watch when disconnected is a seeing on the phone, right? You essentially tell three phone to ring when it disconnects from the watch automatically? There is no way to ring the phone from the watch one disconnected, right?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The ring for the watch when disconnected is a seeing on the phone, right? You essentially tell three phone to ring when it disconnects from the watch automatically? There is no way to ring the phone from the watch one disconnected, right?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.
Correct. Initially, you would have to be in range & it would give a button on the watch that would ring the phone when in range, so you'd have to have a general idea of where it was.

Now, there's a setting to ring the phone when it disconnects, which is way more useful.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Correct. Initially, you would have to be in range & it would give a button on the watch that would ring the phone when in range, so you'd have to have a general idea of where it was.

Now, there's a setting to ring the phone when it disconnects, which is way more useful.

Right, and the REALLY DUMB smart watch that I have (only shows caller ID and time), actually does the same thing in reverse, meaning the watch vibrates when you get out of range.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This works both ways now. Freaked the gf it when I first set the phone up to ring because I picked the most obnoxious one possible.

Went to the other end of the house for a minute & my phone tweaked out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When the watches become fully internet connected, then we'll really see some neat features. Still, the carriers are going to have to come up with some type of pricing that makes sense (i.e. not expensive), to have connected watches. You know it's coming.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When the watches become fully internet connected, then we'll really see some neat features. Still, the carriers are going to have to come up with some type of pricing that makes sense (i.e. not expensive), to have connected watches. You know it's coming.
I looked into the new Samsung gear that has 3g. There's a plan involved there.

Fabrizio La Rosa

Reaction score
We update DressWatch with some feature and pick color directly from image(if not get caught)
We work for more cool Watchfaces, Stay updated!
P.S. Sorry for the continuous Update but we resolve some Minor Bugs for work Perfectly on ALL Android Devices and ALL Android Wear Device
See you soon
Fabrizio La Rosa Android Developer @Meeodori

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We update DressWatch with some feature and pick color directly from image(if not get caught)
We work for more cool Watchfaces, Stay updated!
P.S. Sorry for the continuous Update but we resolve some Minor Bugs for work Perfectly on ALL Android Devices and ALL Android Wear Device
See you soon
Fabrizio La Rosa Android Developer @Meeodori
I'm glad you're constantly working on the app! It gets better with each update. If you keep up the great work, this may be the face I use most often!

With the color picker, did you add history? When I first tried the app, I took a picture and picked a couple colors, but later decided that I wanted different ones and had to take another picture again to select different colors from that group. It would be nice to keep a history of the last 2 or 3 color schemes created with a picture.

Also, welcome to the forum! Just a friendly heads up, you're welcome to comment on threads like these, but we only allow approved/supporting developers to post actual links to their apps.

Fabrizio La Rosa

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome,
The "History color" is fixed, save last 5 colors used, and 5 colors selected by us!
Last Update is 1.1, in a few days will release 2 new Watchfaces

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
thanks for the welcome,
The "History color" is fixed, save last 5 colors used, and 5 colors selected by us!
Last Update is 1.1, in a few days will release 2 new Watchfaces
Awesome! I like the faces you have already and look forward to new ones.

Since I have you here, my only real complaint is that the weather never seems right. It never matches what Google Now or any weather app on my phone says the temperature is. It's always at least a few degrees off, but has been more than 5 degrees off. Not a HUGE deal and I notice the same issue with other faces that offer the temperature, but could make a difference on certain days.