Your rate plan with DROID?

FootballRef

Reaction score
700 minutes
4 phones
unlimited texting
unlimited data on 2 of the lines (BB and Droid)
roadside assistance
insurance on Droid

20% discount through work

costs about $190/month

Cornholieo

Reaction score
I have unlimited talk with Verizon and with no text package thanks to Google Voice

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you're texting regularly I don't know why you don't use GV. Not that it wouldn't be a challenge to get people to start using your GV number.

joker402

Reaction score
$10 1500 mins ulimted text, data, features and insurance.

But I work for big red so it probly don't count

n0m0n

Reaction score
I have the lowest text and data and lowest calls (450). I use Google Voice for all texting but I keep the text because I don't want any surprises and every once in a while I do get a text to my regular number.

Doesn't gVoice use your plan minutes???

jxrain038

Reaction score
500 mins, 10 F&F, unlimited text and internet + insurance = around $110. I am on an old alltel plan. I am considering dropping to the text and internet for 54.99 and using SIP or Skype for my phone calls, but I know as soon as i left the alltel plan go, i wont be able to switch back to it.

swallman

Reaction score
I have the lowest text and data and lowest calls (450). I use Google Voice for all texting but I keep the text because I don't want any surprises and every once in a while I do get a text to my regular number.

Doesn't gVoice use your plan minutes???

Not for texting. And for voice calls you can setup your GV number as a F&F number so it basically won't use any of your minutes.

Tegamal

Reaction score
700 mins shared between my wife and I. Unlimited texts, and a data package on each line. Something like $163/mo for 2 phones... not too bad. Less than AT&T thats for sure.
That's exactly what I have, but I get a 20% discount for being a Walmart slave... err, I mean Associate ;)

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I just reworked my plan.... I had 900 minutes of talk since it was my only line.... but I see I text more than talk.... either way, when I checked my usage a week before the end of my billing cycle and had used 60 minutes....

so I backed it down to the 450 plan

jxrain038

Reaction score
I have been using Skype successfully today making and recieving calls. I'm going to keep testing the method and if I begin to fully trust it, I will change my plan to data only. I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now!

subsynth

Reaction score
I have the 900 minute plan with friends and family. 250 txt unlimited data. I use Google Voice for frequent txting.

96 bucks.

Whenever I had the 450 I would go over because of a few people I call frequently, now that they are on the friends and family list I'll never come close to using 900 minutes.