Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Would I need to SBF?

I still don't see myself ever going to GB.
I mean I am happy with 2.0.1, and its fast enough for me. v.6 may be faster, but I am too worried about bricking/ other horrible things.

Maybe I need to grow a pair, but better safe then sorry in my opinion.

If you had never rooted your phone in the first place, it would've received the OTA and been on GB right now.

So go for it.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Would I need to SBF?

I still don't see myself ever going to GB.
I mean I am happy with 2.0.1, and its fast enough for me. v.6 may be faster, but I am too worried about bricking/ other horrible things.

Maybe I need to grow a pair, but better safe then sorry in my opinion.

If you had never rooted your phone in the first place, it would've received the OTA and been on GB right now.

So go for it.

How high does it score in Quadrant? Not that it matters, just curious.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running liberty 2.0.1. Should I sbf before flashing the monster gb leak or can I just do a wipe in cw? It says i can just wipe but maybe a sbf would be safer?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

_banana

Reaction score
You don't need to SBF. It will work with the Monster updater, I just did this yesterday on a Droid 2. (Assuming that's what you're using based on your sig, even though this is a DX topic).

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for being in a dx thread, but i often frequent dx stuff. I usually get a lot of insight. I am on a d2. Its good to know. Thanks

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Reaction score
No, it's Apex.

The perfect ROM (imho) is one that aims to be as close to AOSP (stock) as Google intended it to be, and no one comes close to doing this than fab. And of course because of how legitimately AOSP it is, it's more stable. And no BS. (There's a reason why Nexus phones are the most stable Android phones around, because they aren't tinkered with by manufacturers). Apex offers improved performance, great battery life, and the ability to customize it if you so choose to -- it's just not as convenient to do so without Liberty's Toolbox.

Apex is a good ROM. I switched to Apex 1.4.1 from Liberty 1.5. I switched back to Liberty 2.0.1 because Apex seemed unfinished. Compare Liberty 2.0.1's toolbox to the Apextoolbox. Liberty 2.0.1 is all GUI. With Apex, you have to manually type a bunch of commands and/or numbers. Not something you want on your girlfriend's phone. Not only that, but if you look at the current version of Apex, it tells you specifically not to use certain parts of the phone's software because they don't work - they're only in there because they have to be, or something like that. That on a normal user's phone is a recipe for absolute disaster. Aside from all of that, I really don't think the Apex ROM has anywhere near the talent behind it that Liberty does. That's no insult to Fab, because he's great, I just really think the Liberty team has him goosed. Liberty has a cleaner, more customizable, more streamlined interface than Apex. The one thing I can say Apex had over Liberty (before LGB) was that it had HDMI. That was a huge sell for me, but not worth losing everything else I loved about Liberty.

The OP in this particular thread needs to make his girlfriend's phone such that she can just do what she needs to do on her phone without ever having to worry about stability issues, how to find that command that does that thingy, or anything else that doesn't directly have to do with the specific task she wants to accomplish. The phone has to "just work." If you can't just leave her phone alone (stock GB), then there is absolutely no contest. Liberty is the way to go.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
i'm confused. does her phone have to be on GB before i can install v.6? or can i just do a complete wipe from liberty 1.5 and install v.6?

mcneilmoe

Reaction score
ive been on Liberty, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.0.1, liberty gb 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7.... ive tried every other rom too. you cant go wrong with liberty

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either use 0.1 (which I don't believe is there anymore) or get on the leaked rooted gb (.596) and from there you can jump on liberty gb. Good luck.
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
i'm confused. does her phone have to be on GB before i can install v.6? or can i just do a complete wipe from liberty 1.5 and install v.6?

You have to be on at least v.1 to get to v.2/3/4/5/6/7

so i gotta find and install v.1 first then update? or is there a straight shot somewhere from 1.5?

Not sure about from 1.5, but if its the same as from 2.0, then this is how.

1. Get Liberty Toolbox Donate
2. Download and install Liberty v.1
3. Download and install Liberty v.7