Your honest opinion

mursepaolo

Reaction score
I know this might elicit some biased opinions posting on this forum, but my gf's been on Liberty 1.5 for the longest time. I see Liberty 2 has been out for some time now and I'm just wondering if it's still the best DX ROM out there. I know when Liberty first came out, it blew all the other ROMs out of the water, but has anyone else made any advancements? Also, do you guys have pointers and things to watch out for when upgrading from 1.5? All the help and feedback is appreciated.

Edit: I guess I should mention she's a very simple user and would like something that is stable for the most part.

Guyute

Reaction score
I know this might elicit some biased opinions posting on this forum, but my gf's been on Liberty 1.5 for the longest time. I see Liberty 2 has been out for some time now and I'm just wondering if it's still the best DX ROM out there. I know when Liberty first came out, it blew all the other ROMs out of the water, but has anyone else made any advancements? Also, do you guys have pointers and things to watch out for when upgrading from 1.5? All the help and feedback is appreciated.

Edit: I guess I should mention she's a very simple user and would like something that is stable for the most part.

I would go liberty GB, it's been very stable and fast on my phone.

Chillout

Reaction score
I am one of those that normally waits for quite awhile before upgrading to the newest version. I was on 1.5 and it was working great. I went to 2.0.1 about month and half ago or so and it's been just as good if not better. I haven't done GB yet but I will at some point soon. Going from 1.5 to 2.0.1 now shouldn't give you any problems. Some have had some issues with the market not showing up or working correctly but there's a patch for it in the 2.0.1 threads if you need it.

Guyute

Reaction score
I am one of those that normally waits for quite awhile before upgrading to the newest version. I was on 1.5 and it was working great. I went to 2.0.1 about month and half ago or so and it's been just as good if not better. I haven't done GB yet but I will at some point soon. Going from 1.5 to 2.0.1 now shouldn't give you any problems. Some have had some issues with the market not showing up or working correctly but there's a patch for it in the 2.0.1 threads if you need it.

I feel you, if it makes you feel any better I had 2.0.1 before I went to Liberty GB v.5 and I find it looks better and runs faster than 2.0.1. I've been pretty lucky I guess. The only problem I had was using the AOSP camera with the blur gallery, once I changed them both to the AOSP it was perfect no issues since then.

Chillout

Reaction score

I feel you, if it makes you feel any better I had 2.0.1 before I went to Liberty GB v.5 and I find it looks better and runs faster than 2.0.1. I've been pretty lucky I guess. The only problem I had was using the AOSP camera with the blur gallery, once I changed them both to the AOSP it was perfect no issues since then.

i used to be one of those that flashed as soon as the latest and greatest new version came out. I sent my original droid to an early grave flashing so many roms and themes. Now that I have my DX, I take care to flash less making sure the roms are as stable as possible so as not to have to back track any more than necessary.

I am anxious to get to GB though and see what all the fuss is about ;)

rickerbilly

Reaction score
Liberty GB v0.5 is awesome. I had liberty 1.5, 2.0.1 then went GB. GB is so much better than froyo, you'd wish you had done it sooner

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jordan8

Reaction score
I've been on Liberty GB since release(currently v0.5). Pretty content with it, way faster than ANYTHING on froyo.. much more stable too. I haven't tried any other GB rom much of any though.

rickerbilly

Reaction score

Liberty v0.6 is out!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
I would hold off on putting an unfinished ROM on her phone. If the goal is to have LGB on her phone, I'd wait until at least a few weeks after the public release. That being said, Liberty 2.0.1 is an awesome alternative. My wife's phone is currently stock and she has more problems with her phone than I do, and I've done a lot more to my phone than just installing Liberty 2.0.1, which by itself is fast, robust and dead easy to use. The only reason I haven't put it on my wife's phone yet is that I know that LGB is coming soon and I don't want her to have to deal with her phone being flashed twice.

EDIT: Let me also say definitively: YES, Liberty IS *THE* best ROM for the Droid X. Period, end of story! :-D

Last edited:

_banana

Reaction score
No, it's Apex.

The perfect ROM (imho) is one that aims to be as close to AOSP (stock) as Google intended it to be, and no one comes close to doing this than fab. And of course because of how legitimately AOSP it is, it's more stable. And no BS. (There's a reason why Nexus phones are the most stable Android phones around, because they aren't tinkered with by manufacturers). Apex offers improved performance, great battery life, and the ability to customize it if you so choose to -- it's just not as convenient to do so without Liberty's Toolbox.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I am too scared to go to GB.
Ive heard so many people having issues.
And I am not willing to ever SBF.

But liberty 2.0.1 is very fast, and I can't imagine it faster. So I am fine with it.

_banana

Reaction score
If you notice though, most of the "customizing" people want to do involves getting rid of the annoying crap that manufacturers put in anyway. You don't even need to mess with Apex.

_banana

Reaction score

But liberty 2.0.1 is very fast, and I can't imagine it faster. So I am fine with it.

You'd be surprised, sometimes it's hard to imagine things being faster till you actually see it. You won't want to go back. It's not as easy to screw up as you think. I'd go with any Gingerbread rom over Froyo, even stock. If you like Liberty then go with 0.6 (obviously I favor Apex).

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

You'd be surprised, sometimes it's hard to imagine things being faster till you actually see it. You won't want to go back. It's not as easy to screw up as you think. I'd go with any Gingerbread rom over Froyo, even stock. If you like Liberty then go with 0.6 (obviously I favor Apex).

Would I need to SBF?

I still don't see myself ever going to GB.
I mean I am happy with 2.0.1, and its fast enough for me. v.6 may be faster, but I am too worried about bricking/ other horrible things.

Maybe I need to grow a pair, but better safe then sorry in my opinion.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you dude. I love liberty 2.0.1. It runs so smooth, but i finally made up my mind to go gb tomorrow. Its just to tempting.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz