You think Dre Beats are expensive......

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well bought myself a pair of the white beats studio today. I like them a lot and so far very happy with them I think they're great so far for the rap I listen to :) ha

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

kparks

Reaction score
Well bought myself a pair of the white beats studio today. I like them a lot and so far very happy with them I think they're great so far for the rap I listen to :) ha

Should of got the sennheiser lol :p... Glad ur happy tho man those are the on ear models right?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Sennheiser are truly the best. Bose are really good at home theatre not too great in headphones. I've had two pair of beats. I wouldn't say overrated because you know what you're getting into when you purchase them. Sound quality is good for people who need that step up not audiophiles though. Has anyone tried Soul they are ludacris branded head phones.

Sent from my DROID3

Soul SL150 was pretty good to me. Soothing and balanced sound. Slight bass boost but it actually makes it more fun to listen to. The higher and lower end SL's weren't as good though.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Soul SL150 was pretty good to me. Soothing and balanced sound. Slight bass boost but it actually makes it more fun to listen to. The higher and lower end SL's weren't as good though.

Compared to Dre not as good or about the same?

Sent from my DROID3

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should of got the sennheiser lol :p... Glad ur happy tho man those are the on ear models right?

Well didn't look at those but few things I really like is the detachable cable since my headphones always break only cause of the cable.

The controltalk or whatever where there's a mic and all works as well with my 3D so that's pretty cool

Cost a bunch but hopefully these will last me unlike my 5 dollar headphones my 10 dollar skull candy headphones broke on me two days ago cable went I could get it in one place and they'd work fine the if the cable moved slightly they'd stop so that was the big point in the beats and so far all my music sounds phenomenal :)

Anyway no they cover the ear completely the solos are the on ear one I went for the more expensive ones the solos just looked cheap these were 100 more and much nicer I think

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
Well didn't look at those but few things I really like is the detachable cable since my headphones always break only cause of the cable.

The controltalk or whatever where there's a mic and all works as well with my 3D so that's pretty cool

Cost a bunch but hopefully these will last me unlike my 5 dollar headphones my 10 dollar skull candy headphones broke on me two days ago cable went I could get it in one place and they'd work fine the if the cable moved slightly they'd stop so that was the big point in the beats and so far all my music sounds phenomenal :)

Anyway no they cover the ear completely the solos are the on ear one I went for the more expensive ones the solos just looked cheap these were 100 more and much nicer I think

I still think u would of been happier with the sennheiser hd 558 but as long as your happy.. Hear is my favorite headphone I own right hear and there alot cheaper now than what I paid I only where them around the house tho and man they look even sexier in person ... http://www.sennheiserusa.com/over-ear-headphones-acoustic-headphones_504633

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I still think u would of been happier with the sennheiser hd 558 but as long as your happy.. Hear is my favorite headphone I own right hear and there alot cheaper now than what I paid I only where them around the house tho and man they look even sexier in person ... http://www.sennheiserusa.com/over-ear-headphones-acoustic-headphones_504633

Those are nice and at that price I'm sure they're worth it. No gimmick to try sale these. I've only experienced lower end sennheiser but they sound better than most higher end stuff out there.

Sent from my DROID3

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another good pair of headphones that are perfect for budget buyers are the Sony on ear studio moniter headphones...btw the over ear version isn't so great...at only $15-$20 its a steal...damn I sound like a commercial lol...great budget headphones though...

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
The way some people feel about dre beats is how I.feel about Sony. Will never buy a Sony product. You are paying for the name. And this is through many prior experience with.headphones, earbuds, computers, and TVs. I always felt cheated after I bought it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
Another good pair of headphones that are perfect for budget buyers are the Sony on ear studio moniter headphones...btw the over ear version isn't so great...at only $15-$20 its a steal...damn I sound like a commercial lol...great budget headphones though...

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

I have those also.... Lol tho there not great they are pretty good for the 20 bucks they cost and I've had them for several years.. They don't give me the sound quality I want and I have better one so they sit in my bed room but for 20 bucks id say not bad at all..

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way some people feel about dre beats is how I.feel about Sony. Will never buy a Sony product. You are paying for the name. And this is through many prior experience with.headphones, earbuds, computers, and TVs. I always felt cheated after I bought it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I somewhat agree, the headphones I mentioned are about the only good ones Sony has lol

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Insidious

Reaction score
Audiotechnica is really good as well!

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My roommate just bought a pair of audiotechnicas the only thing i really didn't like was that the cable couldn't be pulled out on his that's what always goes on my headphones i couldn't spend a lot on headphones for the cable just to break and the head phones be no good that was the main reason for the beats since i'm pretty good at breaking those cables :)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Compared to Dre not as good or about the same?

Sent from my DROID3

Much better imo. If I wanted celebrity endorsed headphones, the SL150 would be it. Tyll at InnerFidelity seems to have good things to say about this headphone too.

Oh and for those of you who like a bit of diy repairs, try Grado. Great gift for an audio enthusiast DIYer. Cable shorts? No problem. Just recable it!

Last edited: