You think Dre Beats are expensive......

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea no i totally agree i don't usuallly try to go by what others do my work here on the forum i think will even help show that i usually try to be original and do something new. I just am not huge into music i heard the beats on my phone from the music player port and thought it sounded much better so figured why not go with a pair of beats studio headphones. They definately are a status symbol type thing but i mean just because it has dre's name on it doesn't mean he made them and what not when you bring up the whole him not being a sound engineer. The headphones are made by monster and i'm sure they had sound engineers in making them i doubt dre designed the entire headphone himself.

Btw what are the soul headphones like? I know that in general they are slightly cheaper but I haven't heard anything about quality

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Btw what are the soul headphones like? I know that in general they are slightly cheaper but I haven't heard anything about quality

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

I have no idea :biggrin: i only have a cheap $10 pair of skullcandy earbuds i'm just thinking of getting a pair of beats for christmas i'll probably just get the studio ones refurbished
Monster Cable® Outlet Store
as they cost 199.95 vs a brand new pair of solo's that cost the same amount plus it's coming directly from monster so i think getting them refurbished is probably best but i'm still looking up all the ones you guys keep mentioning

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea :biggrin: i only have a cheap $10 pair of skullcandy earbuds i'm just thinking of getting a pair of beats for christmas i'll probably just get the studio ones refurbished
Monster Cable® Outlet Store
as they cost 199.95 vs a brand new pair of solo's that cost the same amount plus it's coming directly from monster so i think getting them refurbished is probably best but i'm still looking up all the ones you guys keep mentioning

How are skullcandy?...I've heard some say they are awesome and others say they are horrible

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

kparks

Reaction score
How are skullcandy?...I've heard some say they are awesome and others say they are horrible

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

I had a pair a while ago but gave them away when I got my adidas cx310 that I currently use. I mean the skullcandy where what u would expect from 18 bucks or so I think I paid for them didn't isolate any noise were pretty basic but I used to be a landscaper and couldn't hear crap with the equipment running so Meh.. they also had a little rattle type tinney noise when at a high volume maybe I had a bad pair tho!?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea no rattle on mine they're alright not amazing good for the 10 bucks I paid but that's it

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

RecklessFable

Reaction score

The only Skullcandy cans I've heard that have decent separation and clean bass are the Aviators. It is almost like they aren't the same brand. Everything else from them seems to have muddy bass and recessed mids.

Sadly, Beats have similar problems. Even the highest-end Beats are tuned to overwhelm the bass and have sparkly highs at the expense of the midrange. For some, this is fun and enjoyable, but the price charged is exorbitantly high for that sound quality.

At the end of the day though, each ear and skull is different, and so is taste. Once you get to a certain level of sound quality, "better" becomes entirely subjective, like a preference for apple pie over cheesecake, or Single Barrel Bourbon over Vodka.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Beats headphones are overrated...for the same price you can get way way better headphones...the reason beats are expensive isn't because of unparalleled quality but rather you're paying for the name and the Dr Dre endorsement

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Sennheiser are truly the best. Bose are really good at home theatre not too great in headphones. I've had two pair of beats. I wouldn't say overrated because you know what you're getting into when you purchase them. Sound quality is good for people who need that step up not audiophiles though. Has anyone tried Soul they are ludacris branded head phones.

Sent from my DROID3

kparks

Reaction score
This video basically shows how the whole beats thing in htc phones is just a gimmick. Its just eq settings. Pretty interesting analysis, would be cool to see more of this in reviews.

HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review -- Engadget
I see what ur saying but I don't.....HTC still has a pretty good speaker in the rezound and tho its only a eq u still get pretty pricey headphones with the package so not sure how its a gimmick.. I mean if u take the beats away and take the headphones away the phone is still only challenged by the razr and would still cost 299 so not sure what the big deal is..

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I see what ur saying but I don't.....HTC still has a pretty good speaker in the rezound and tho its only a eq u still get pretty pricey headphones with the package so not sure how its a gimmick.. I mean if u take the beats away and take the headphones away the phone is still only challenged by the razr and would still cost 299 so not sure what the big deal is..

It's no big deal unless I would be paying more to get earphones that I have no use for. If Verizon is taking some minor loss on including the earphones then fine, but if I could get the Rezound for even $25 less if the earphones were not included then that is a $25 loss for me.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This video basically shows how the whole beats thing in htc phones is just a gimmick. Its just eq settings. Pretty interesting analysis, would be cool to see more of this in reviews.

HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review -- Engadget

Any time merchandise "gives something away" with an item to charm the customer to buy it. I don't. But this case, the HTC rezound surely didn't need any gimmick. But, sadly, it did make the final decision factor for many. However, if it wasn't the rezound it would have been another...A guy at work was telling me today his purchase has been a remorseful one since he said his headphones blew after a week. I told him I wouldn't have even imagined that with the hype I've been getting. But I would certainly own a rezound, but wouldn't get much if any use out of the beats. I have my Bluetooth stereo headphones I won't nor need to part with..lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any time merchandise "gives something away" with an item to charm the customer to buy it. I don't. But this case, the HTC rezound surely didn't need any gimmick. But, sadly, it did make the final decision factor for many. However, if it wasn't the rezound it would have been another...A guy at work was telling me today his purchase has been a remorseful one since he said his headphones blew after a week. I told him I wouldn't have even imagined that with the hype I've been getting. But I would certainly own a rezound, but wouldn't get much if any use out of the beats. I have my Bluetooth stereo headphones I won't nor need to part with..lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Like I said before, if you don't want/need the beats headphones, sell them...its simple and kinda makes the rezound cheaper in the end...$299 phone but sell beats headphones for like $75 and voila its like you only paid $224

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I wasn't implying the rezound wasn't a good phone. I just mean that aspect, the beats audio portion, is just a gimmick. There's no added functionality.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk