You guys are all paying retail when you upgrade your phones?

patfactorx

Reaction score
I see that some of you are already on your 3rd phone this year. Are you buying the phones retail since you're not up for upgrade?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some do, I have before.

And some people, know people, that dates someone, who went to school with someone and they hook em up:)

All jokes aside some stores allow for an early upgrade, especially during promotions. And someone who is

knowledgeable in the ABC's of sales, can occasionally talk their way into one, depending on the salesperson

involved.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
some people do, but some are due for upgrades upon agreement to a new 2yr or any other contract and getting the contract price.

plasma510

Reaction score
http://www.ehow.com/how_5083664_early-upgrade-verizon-wireless.html

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea i got mine with the upgrade I really wanted on b4 but i wasn't paying $500+ for a droid didn't want one that bad lol

dan.dar

Reaction score
I bought Palm Pre in April. While still good I decided to switch to Android and bought Droid 1 off ebay. Sold my Palm and basically it ended up being $60 that I had to pay to upgrade. When I bought Palm it was $50 and Droid was $200. $150 difference then, it's only $60 now. Not too bad.

Obviously it may not work out that way each time, but for example if you buy D2 or Incredible (~$300 on ebay) and sell D1 (~$130 on ebay), the difference will be about $180 or less than you'd pay for D2 if you were eligible for an upgrade. Add about $100 if you want Dx.