Yet another noob!

Manicai

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've finally come into this decade and bought myself my first smart phone. I decided on the Moto Droid since I'm a bit of a tinkerer and love complete customization. I've been learning a lot the past couple days on this forum so I figured it was about time to stop lurking and start chatting ; D.

I am 24 years old and less than a year away from a degree in Computer Information Systems w/ emphasis in Web Development. I've recently been exposed to a few different programming courses and I am really interested in learning more about android source.

There is such a wealth of information out there about Moto Droids. Rooting, Unrooting, Custom ROMs, Version 2.1, 2.2...I'm having trouble deciding what it is I actually want to do or where to even start.

I'm currently running version 2.1. I've been having fun with the different live backgrounds and have been scouring the market for all the cool apps that my friends have had for a long time now heh. However, I think I'm ready to get my hands a little dirty.

Thanks for reading, hope you all learned a little bit a bout me.

dancedroid:icon_ banana:

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've finally come into this decade and bought myself my first smart phone. I decided on the Moto Droid since I'm a bit of a tinkerer and love complete customization. I've been learning a lot the past couple days on this forum so I figured it was about time to stop lurking and start chatting ; D.

I am 24 years old and less than a year away from a degree in Computer Information Systems w/ emphasis in Web Development. I've recently been exposed to a few different programming courses and I am really interested in learning more about android source.

There is such a wealth of information out there about Moto Droids. Rooting, Unrooting, Custom ROMs, Version 2.1, 2.2...I'm having trouble deciding what it is I actually want to do or where to even start.

I'm currently running version 2.1. I've been having fun with the different live backgrounds and have been scouring the market for all the cool apps that my friends have had for a long time now heh. However, I think I'm ready to get my hands a little dirty.

Seeing as you love to customize your phone I would hop right into the custom roms and try out froyo. There's a lot of information to be found on these forums so if you need any help just ask! dancedroiddancedroid

J

Johnly

Hello Everyone,

Considering you background...you can be of a great help to many here....:icon_ banana:

OP
M

Manicai

Reaction score
Considering you background...you can be of a great help to many here....:icon_ banana:

Hopefully...I still have a lot to learn! I've always been somewhat of a computer nerd. However, going to school has made me realized just how much more there is to learn out there!