Yes, I'm a Newbie

gobronx

Reaction score
Just found this sight a few days ago as I researched rooting and whether it's worth considering on my Dinc2. I like this phone, but I'm having some serious problems lately.

About two months ago, I started seeing the gray battery with exclamation mark. Not always on, but I started seeing this more frequently. I still haven't figured out what this is really indicating.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a "+" sign in my notifications. Seems like I'm getting spammed somehow. I noticed battery issues and serious drainage. So I downloaded Lookout and some other apps but no virus found. After battery issues became too much to handle and I was not fully charging or really charging at all, I performed a factory reset and rebuilt the phone. I even had the "Connect to Charger" icon pop up on the screen while I was plugged into my home and car chargers. To clarify, I'm not yet rooted.

I was able to get a full charge initially after the reset. The "+" is now gone but the gray battery exclamation is not. I ensured that I have a tight battery fit, cleaned contacts, etc. I started to investigate and tried to cycle the full charge with phone off, then on, then off, etc. That was two days ago. But now, I can't get more than a 55% charge per Battery Minder. In fact, as the phone is plugged in with Amber light and charging icon, I can see the Battery Minder charge decreasing.

Very confused and not sure what to do. To make matters worse, my phone saw some light watering which partially activated the water damage indicator on the phone (battery indicator is fine). This happened three months ago before all the issues started. But Big Red is sure to void the warranty.

What can I do?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!

Sorry to hear you are having issues but I did some quick research and it looks like it means your battery at times does not have a good connection. It did not say what you have to do however. And for the "+" notification, does it also have a number with it or is it by itself?

OP
G

gobronx

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I set up a new thread under the Incredible 2 forum section. Will maybe need to merge the threads?

So you think this is a battery contact issue? The connection prongs and battery contacts are lining up well. It's a tight fit. I cleaned the contacts with a cloth and even a careful bit of rubbing alcohol. No change. It's really strange. Sometimes the battery will charge, other times I can have it plugged in overnight or in the car and it shows charging or the battery exclamation icon but will actually be losing battery strength. I'm baffled.

The "+" thing was just the symbol by itself in a green color. It was then followed by black text advising to click on the notification for a free iPad2, etc. The text would actually run off screen so I never knew what it was all about but I never tapped that notification. This thing would pop up a few times a day. I asked the guys at the cell phone kiosk in my local Costco and they both said that they had the same thing going on (one was on DroidX2, not sure what phone the other guy had). They didn't know anything about it but had just started to receive the notifications and had told Verizon. Big Red said they'd "look into it."

That's about all I know.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!! Hope you find some resolution to your issues as I am sure you will - there are several helpful folks with dinc2's...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the welcome!

I set up a new thread under the Incredible 2 forum section. Will maybe need to merge the threads?

So you think this is a battery contact issue? The connection prongs and battery contacts are lining up well. It's a tight fit. I cleaned the contacts with a cloth and even a careful bit of rubbing alcohol. No change. It's really strange. Sometimes the battery will charge, other times I can have it plugged in overnight or in the car and it shows charging or the battery exclamation icon but will actually be losing battery strength. I'm baffled.

The "+" thing was just the symbol by itself in a green color. It was then followed by black text advising to click on the notification for a free iPad2, etc. The text would actually run off screen so I never knew what it was all about but I never tapped that notification. This thing would pop up a few times a day. I asked the guys at the cell phone kiosk in my local Costco and they both said that they had the same thing going on (one was on DroidX2, not sure what phone the other guy had). They didn't know anything about it but had just started to receive the notifications and had told Verizon. Big Red said they'd "look into it."

That's about all I know.

That's all I was able to find while searching: that a gray battery with "!" meant bad connection. I found another place that recommended to clean it but you already did so I am sorry to say I don't have any other thoughts.
As for the "+", aside from removing apps and seeing if any of them is causing it I am stumped. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful to you.

Gale

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Gale new here...glad to be here part of this forum site and looking forward to meet chatters can I ask something about audio visual Santa Fe?