Yes.......another "folders issue"????

PlayMizuno

Reaction score
I have spent entirely too much time searching for an answer to this. I followed many of the instructions on how to set up the sd card with the media folder then the audio and pictures etc.etc.etc. I did all of that and also installed Astro file manager. Now to get to my question. When I look through the directories/folders in Astro, they do not show the same information I see when I connect my incredible to my pc. Astro actually shows the few ringtones and notifications I have on the card but I can't see them on the pc. Any ideas?

pdmike

Reaction score
I have spent entirely too much time searching for an answer to this. I followed many of the instructions on how to set up the sd card with the media folder then the audio and pictures etc.etc.etc. I did all of that and also installed Astro file manager. Now to get to my question. When I look through the directories/folders in Astro, they do not show the same information I see when I connect my incredible to my pc. Astro actually shows the few ringtones and notifications I have on the card but I can't see them on the pc. Any ideas?

WHAT "instructions on how to set up the sd card with the medial folder then the audio and pictures, etc.?
I can't find ANY such instructions anywhere. They certainly aren't in the User Manual and in about a solid week of trying, I haven't been able to get any significant answers to any of the posts I have put up on the topic.

How do I transfer photos from phone to computer and back again?
How do I put photos into contacts?

I would LOVE to see some concrete, step by step instructions SOMEWHERE on how to do this. It's pretty darn basic. One would think that someone here would be able to help.

OP
P

PlayMizuno

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have put quotations around the word "instructions". I was refering to the general concensus that you find on this forum and others concerning how to set up folders on your sd card. By the way, I still have not found an answer as to why Asto does not show the same as my pc when the phone is connected.

Axel

Reaction score
Is it possible you're not looking at the same drive? If astro shows you're in /sd/ that means you're on the SD card, /emmc/ is the internal memory that the Incredible comes with. On my computer, at least, when I connect via USB, they show up as seperate external drives, with the emmc as the next available letter (ie G:) and the sd as the one after that (ie H:).

WHAT "instructions on how to set up the sd card with the medial folder then the audio and pictures, etc.?
I can't find ANY such instructions anywhere. They certainly aren't in the User Manual and in about a solid week of trying, I haven't been able to get any significant answers to any of the posts I have put up on the topic.

How do I transfer photos from phone to computer and back again?
How do I put photos into contacts?

I would LOVE to see some concrete, step by step instructions SOMEWHERE on how to do this. It's pretty darn basic. One would think that someone here would be able to help.

You're right, it is pretty basic.

1. Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable. It will mount two drives, as I said above the first is the internal memory, the second is the SD card if you have one inserted.

Want to put something on your phone?
2. Drag it onto either drive, just like moving files into any other folder

Want to put it in a more organized folder, like Photos or Music?
2. Open the drive you want it on, then make a folder just like you would on your computer.
3. Drag the files there.

Want to move something from your phone to your computer?
2. Open a drive, open folders until you find it
3. Drag it to a folder on your computer

The only specific, complicated thing I wasn't able to do on my own by just plugging my phone in and exploring, was custom ringtones and notification sounds. Which are still pretty easy when you know the trick: just make a folder named "ringtones" or "notifications" and put your sound files there. If they don't show up in the list of ringtones or notification sounds, restart your phone.

Last edited:

yly kyot

Reaction score
I haven't put pics in "contacts" but have put them in emails. The process for contacts may be similar. The "trick" was that after either taking pics w/ DINK or transferring pics from PC to DINK as previous posts describe I had to change my Gmail interface from "standard", i.e. "mobile" to the PC (I forget what gmail calls it but it was not "standard"). Once in the PC interface there were many functionaries not available in the standard/mobile interface! Among them in the Compose area was an option to insert attachments/pics. Clicking that revealed folders in DINK (internal memory & SD card) containing pics I could select than then were inserted into the email. Note I do have ASTRO installed but don't think that was lwthink that was required for seeing/picking the pic from inside gmail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, assuming that you all understand that you have a google phone I can offer you a little help here. I can't step you through how it's done on the Incredible, but if you go to your Gmail page on line with a computer, go to your contacts and click on a contact and you will see a spot where you can put a picture next to the contact. Gmail will then sync this photo to your Incredible contacts.

There's another way to do it on the phone, I'm sure. I'm going to move this to what I feel is a more appropriate area for you to get more responses.

ofallenxsoldiero

Reaction score
I was searching for days how to get custom sounds thank u so much somethin so stupid like creating folders for somethin so simple
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

the2kps

Reaction score
Similar Issues Still Not Answered

The problem I am having is that I have the Incredible saving my camera pics to the SD card. But I cannot find them after that. I have tried using Astro to find them and also mounting the phone to the pc. It shows the my pics folder but none of them I have taken with the camera are showing up there. I simply cannot find them on the SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to get to the pics to print and send to my son in basic training.

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
Can I add my .02c worth? I had a VERY hard time getting my music onto my phone. I purchased an mp3 converter (because the phone wouldn't take my CDs I uploaded from computer to phone) and transferred all my music to mp3 format. I put each album into a specifically named folder on my desktop, then transferred the folders to my phone. However, when I took the time to rename tracks (from track 1, track 2, etc.) those renamed files in the specifically named folders did not transfer to my phone. The folder names did, thank heavens. But now every artist folder has track 1, track 2 and so on. How am I supposed to make my own playlist like that?