Seeing Files Copied to Droid

Wester

Reaction score
I am stumped. I have Astro File Manager, and can see my Internal memory card with the software (I believe it is my internal card). I have hooked my Droid X to my PC and can see my SD Card (different set of directories) via USB Mass Storage. I have copied some apps to my SD card, but when I go back to Astro, I can't find the files I copied or any of the folders I see from my PC. Basically I can't read or see any files/folders on my SD Card. Probably a stupid user error but I am not seeing a way to get Astro File Manager to look at my SD Card. Help would be appreciated.

-Wester

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not keep any apps on my SD card so I'm not able to advise where to look. This may help --- if you know the names of the apps you copied to your SD card open Astro and do a search. That should return the file and folder for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

JimmyD

Reaction score
UNMOUNT from your PC first!

My guess is that you're still mounted (connected) to your PC!

You can't access anything on your SD card through your phone (example: Astro) when your phone is mounted to your PC via USB.

Disconnect your phone from your PC, you'll notice a little icon in your notification bar showing that the SD card is being prepared. Once that's complete (the speed depends on how much you have on your card)... you will be able to browse the contents of your SD card through Astro.

I hope this helps! :blackdroid:

OP
W

Wester

Reaction score
Bada Bing

I must of have been still mounted. I had disconnected the cable one time, but probably didn't give it enough time to register. Some how I got a window to pop-up which allowed me to disconnect my SD card (no idea how to repeat it). After that my SD Card folder which was always empty is now full of folders and the ones I copied. Thanks!

-Wester

JimmyD

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: Glad that was the issue and not something else!

By the way, welcome to DroidForums :reddroid: