Yahoo with Droid

AprGrad2004

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am interested in the Motorola Droid, but I have a major question that no one can give me an answer to.

I do not like GMail, I use Yahoo. Because I use Yahoo for email I also use Yahoo as my calendar and contacts.

Does the Motorola Droid allow syncing of Yahoo contacts and Yahoo calendar. If YES, then tell me how this is possible.

Thanks so much,
Jennifer

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be sure to read all of the existing Yahoo threads.

OP
A

AprGrad2004

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but my main issue is can the Motorola Droid sync with my Yahoo **Contacts** and Yahoo **Calendar**? If YES, then tell me how this is possible.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but my main issue is can the Motorola Droid sync with my Yahoo **Contacts** and Yahoo **Calendar**? If YES, then tell me how this is possible.

Move your clander and contacts to goole. Just export the file and import in your Google account.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, but I dont want to use Google. I want to use Yahoo ;)

I understand what you are saying. I do. I have found from personal experience that I can use the Google calander just fine and it's a wireless sync. So it's easier. Also you MUST have a google account to sign in to for your Android device. If not then it won't work "correctly" as it were. You can make Yahoo mail work with the link posted above and following those steps. I do not believe you can get the Droid to sync with Yahoo to import your contacts and calander :).

So the best advice is sync those items with google and enjoy the device!

The other option is continue to use BB for your smart phone needs