How to sync Yahoo calendar to Droid?

Crangard

Reaction score
I am having alot of trouble transfering my calendar from my old Blackberry 7520 to my Droid. I have read about doing this through Outlook, AOL, Google, etc. So far, I have been able to transfer my calendar from the Blackberry to Yahoo (I wanted the entire calendar transferred, but Yahoo only took the calendar from the date I made the transfer - yesterday).

Now, how do I transfer the calendar from Yahoo to my Droid? Or, do I take my Droid to a Verionwireless store and try to have them do it? They transferred my contacts, but I didn't think to ask them about the calendar. Thanks

Craig

joshua117

Reaction score
haven't tried this yet but this is what i found on syncing yahoo calendar to google calendar.

1. Create a google calendar.

2. Convert your Yahoo Calendar to Yahoo Calendar Beta. You can do this at switch.calendar.yahoo.com

3. In google calendar click on "settings" under "My Calendar" to the left. In the box that opens click on the name of your google calendar, (it looks like a hyperlink).

4. Under "Private Address" Click on the green ICAL box and copy the web address that pops up.

5. Open Yahoo Calendar, and click the "+" next to "calendars" on the left side. Choose subscribe to calendar

6. Paste the web address you copied from google into the URL field. Then click next and follow the directions. This will sync google to yahoo (one way)

7. To sync the yahoo calendar to google (other way), click on share calendar at upper right screen. Fill out the email address, choose the settings and click "save".

8. Go to the email and copy the URL specified as ical.

9. Go to google calendar and click "add" under "other calendars" to the left and select "add by URL".

10. Paste the yahoo calendar URL you copied from the email into the field and click add

Now both google and yahoo are sync'd with each other.

hope this helps :)

Last edited:

bristolcat

Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone ever got this working. I have a coworker that has been using Yahoo calendar and would like it to sync/replace his Google Calendar. I can't talk him into just switching, so I thought this would do the trick. I just can't get it to work, though. Any ideas? Thanks!

tine22775

Reaction score
Syncing Yahoo calendar to Gmail/Droid X

You have to set up a gmail account first. Then you can import the yahoo calendar to the gmail calendar. Click on this link & follow the steps. It works on my Droid X!! All my yahoo dates from that calendar were put into my gmail calendar ON MY DROID X. It took awhile to figure it out but it works!!!!!!!

Google Calendar: Import Event Information from Yahoo! Calendar | Google | Tech-Recipes

alweiser

Reaction score
I followed all of the above steps, and in Google calendars I have the Yahoo calendar listed under "other calendars"; but I don't see any of the Yahoo events on the Google calendar....

Any help?

sanjosedave

Reaction score
I tried the procedure described by JOSHUA117. When I performed step #10 I got the following error message: "Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url."

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

volley

Reaction score
"Syncing" Droid 2 to Yahoo Calendar

Okay, here is how I solved the problem after being frustrated that I couldn't sync my Yahoo calendar on my new Droid 2 as well and wasn't willing to create yet a second calendar.

On your Droid, either go to MyYahoo.com and log in or go to MyYahoo from the Yahoo mail page.

Over in the right-hand section is a section called personal assistant, or there is on the version I have designed. Mine consists of several buttons. I simply changed one of them to Calendar.

Click on Calendar, it opens, Bookmark it, then simply add that Bookmark to, in my case, the appropriate "page" on your Droid.

Be sure and do all this through the browser on your Droid.

I'll have to admit, it was amazingly simple and I did do a little toe dance to celebrate.

jocahontas

Reaction score
I got that "Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url." Tried again and it said "importing calendar" like forever. And then it was there....BUT I also don't see any of the Yahoo events on the Google calendar.
??????????

jocahontas

Reaction score
I think I got it set up right. Yahoo calender is listed as other calender on my google calender but none of the yaoo events are showing up just like alweiser.

Last edited: