Best way to check Yahoo mail on droid?

chipgilkey

Reaction score
I just opened a gmail account and can check that using the widget on my phone but how do you guys check your yahoo mail on them?

i couldnt find a convenient widget that take me to my yahoo mail unfortunately, i had my yahoo account synched with my old phone and it would alert me when i got a new message kind like gmail does with the droid, can i do this for yahoo mail with the droid? is it free?

ncarson

Reaction score
You have an application called "email." In there you can add a yahoo mail account and configure it to notify you every time you receive and email. It was included on the 2.1 update cause Yahoo did not work with 2.0.1. Works fine for me ever since the update.

OP
C

chipgilkey

Reaction score
You have an application called "email." In there you can add a yahoo mail account and configure it to notify you every time you receive and email. It was included on the 2.1 update cause Yahoo did not work with 2.0.1. Works fine for me ever since the update.

LOL believe it or not i had already set that up with my yahoo account and everything just forgot to put a widget on he screen for it, thanks

warrior21

Reaction score
I have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail so I get notifications almost instantly.

papy72

Reaction score
I have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail so I get notifications almost instantly.
If you set it up in the Email app you'll get notifications when new email arrives.

And a note to the OP: if you use the Email app be aware it will NOT work over WiFi.

warrior21

Reaction score
If you set it up in the Email app you'll get notifications when new email arrives.

And a note to the OP: if you use the Email app be aware it will NOT work over WiFi.
I heard they fixed it with the update but haven't tried it out yet. Are you still getting a ton of copies in your sent box?

Mule65

Reaction score
Hi -- Me = NewB.

I connected my free Yahoo email with the Email app but get no status bar notifications. I get Gmail notifications. Is this the best it can do?

warrior21

Reaction score
Hi -- Me = NewB.

I connected my free Yahoo email with the Email app but get no status bar notifications. I get Gmail notifications. Is this the best it can do?
Did you go into the settings and enable notifications?

Mule65

Reaction score

Email Notifications are on by default. I think putting Yahoo email on the Droid is easier with 2.1 -- incoming or outgoing fields are auto populated. Are you using pay Yahoo email?

warrior21

Reaction score

Email Notifications are on by default. I think putting Yahoo email on the Droid is easier with 2.1 -- incoming or outgoing fields are auto populated. Are you using pay Yahoo email?
They aren't on by default at least not for me, I had to go into settings and check it off myself. I have the yahoo plus but still ended up forwarding them through my email bcause I got tired of deleting the 5,000 duplicate emails in my sent box every week. The only thing I can suggest is trying a battery pull because you shouldn't be having any issues with notifications

Mule65

Reaction score
I have the yahoo plus but still ended up forwarding them through my email bcause I got tired of deleting the 5,000 duplicate emails in my sent box every week. The only thing I can suggest is trying a battery pull because you shouldn't be having any issues with notifications

Yay! I powered off/on with the button and I'm getting Yahoo notifications with freemail. :icon_ banana:

If I get duplicates or battery drain I'll try using Gmail forwarding like you do. Thanks!

Mule65

Reaction score
Well, Checking free Yahoo mail with POP3 from Gmail doesn't work.

Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.

POP access is limited to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers. Please contact Yahoo! Mail's support team for more information.

warrior21

Reaction score
Go into your yahoo mail on your PC and go to the account settings. There is a setting in there to forward mail. You put in your gmail address and your password. You can also go into your gmail and go to the import tab and import all of your yahoo mail that is already in your mailbox and folders. I imported both yahoo mail and aol with no issues.

Mule65

Reaction score
Go into your yahoo mail on your PC and go to the account settings. There is a setting in there to forward mail. You put in your gmail address and your password. You can also go into your gmail and go to the import tab and import all of your yahoo mail that is already in your mailbox and folders. You don't have to set it up as a POP3 to do this. I imported both yahoo mail and aol with no issues.

No can do:

POP & Forwarding

Upgrade to Mail Plus so you can:
  • download your Yahoo! Mail in an email client, such as Outlook
  • forward your Yahoo! Mail to a different address

warrior21

Reaction score
I never realized you need the mail plus to forward your email from Yahoo. I've had mail plus for a while and didn't know that was one of it's features