Yahoo Mail -- Repeated Messages

sryder32

Reaction score
I have the Droid checking my Yahoo mail successfully. I also check my Yahoo mail on several computers. The problem is that the Droid repeatedly pulls in emails that have already been read on another computer. The messages are still in my Inbox, but are no longer New (unread) messages. It's very annoying to keep receiving the same email messages on the Droid that I've already seen, and deleted on the Droid. Is there a way for the Droid to only pull in New/Unread messages from Yahoo?

Shelly

chudilo

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, sometimes even after i delete the email. Do you have a Task killer that may prevent the phone from syncing with Yahoo?
That is the only thing that I may have done to possibly cause this..

OP
S

sryder32

Reaction score
I have the Advanced Task Killer installed on the phone, but I rarely use it. Not sure that would have anything to do with the Droid pulling in messages that have already been read.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, sometimes even after i delete the email. Do you have a Task killer that may prevent the phone from syncing with Yahoo?
That is the only thing that I may have done to possibly cause this..

I have the same issues with Yahoo mail, and I don't use any task killers. I also get things like notifications for mail I've already seen, and notifications for new mail when there isn't any.

If I were more conspiracy-minded, I'd start to think it was all an intentional ploy to get us Yahoo users to switch to GMail.