Yahoo Messenger

maligirl

Reaction score
You just made my day. :) Have a dancing banana.

:icon_ banana:

what can i say, facebook drives me nuts. i just don't get the whole putting your life out there to feel justified for living.......ok i'm stopping...i was just looking to see if i could change my picture. easy enough, i can do online then. but still looking for info on a group chat thing like BBM had...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You just made my day. :) Have a dancing banana.

:icon_ banana:

what can i say, facebook drives me nuts. i just don't get the whole putting your life out there to feel justified for living.......ok i'm stopping...i was just looking to see if i could change my picture. easy enough, i can do online then. but still looking for info on a group chat thing like BBM had...
My Droid is my first smartphone, so I don't have an answer for you on that since I never got the BB bug.

Heck, I used a friend's Storm 2 earlier this year a couple of months before I got my Droid and hated it. I picked the Droid up without even futzing with it in the store and loved it from the get go.

When you say group chat thing, do you mean like a conference on Yahoo! Messenger on a PC?

maligirl

Reaction score
quote]

When you say group chat thing, do you mean like a conference on Yahoo! Messenger on a PC?[/QUOTE]

i guess so, i never did conference on yahoo, but basically a few to a lot of people all chatting together in one location. on BBM, you can set up a group for example 5 people in the group and chat. if someone not on there at the moment they still get the info the other people discussed.

maligirl

Reaction score
that looks like it would work perfectly, but the BB people are too scared to try it out since it is still in development...:icon_ cry::icon_ cry::icon_ cry:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
that looks like it would work perfectly, but the BB people are too scared to try it out since it is still in development...:icon_ cry::icon_ cry::icon_ cry:
Aww, but, but... new toy! :)

What, exactly, are they afraid of? I'm running a ROM on my phone that's "in development" and it's more stable than stock was when I was running 2.1! It's also in the final stages of development, so the bugs would be very small and/or hard to get to. Ah well, I guess I'm used to working with buggy software -- my main computer is running Windows. ;)

maligirl

Reaction score
i know i know, but come on now, they are still using blackberries after all...we know they are not too adventurous!

anna.whatever

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out HOW you log out of the yahoo messenger app. Can anyone help me with that?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Once logged in.....where your name appears in the top left. Click on it, drop down menu has option to log out.

Sent from somewhere...

bthpckrs

Reaction score
They are free and do not count against text allowances. It does however use minutes on your data package, so if you are only allowed so much internet time, I'd be careful.