Yahoo Messenger

Reaction score
HI Yahoo

I haven't been too impressed with it either. With my other phone, I could log onto yahoo mobile, and stay connected. But with this one, I can't see any of my contacts or anything, and can't seem to find any answers for it either. However, I did download the meebo, but every time I get a call, It disconnects, being that you can't be logged onto the internet at the same time while on the phone.. which sucks too. And OMG... the battery don't last long either, since it seems everything seems to be running all the time. I'm constantly keeping the battery hooked up to a charger... that can't be good for the phone.

devil94

Reaction score
I've had the best luck with Meebo, though I also get locked out on occasion. When this happens, all you have to do is use the browser and go to the Yahoo Login page and login - this will remove the lock.

lippymonster

Reaction score
Hi and Help!! I've downloaded both Yahoo Messenger Apps and I am having an issue with it. I have 2 names I sign into with yahoo, and it will only take one name. I can't get my main name to sign into it and show contacts and such. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?????? Please:)

Dave Ragzz

Reaction score
Just downloaded Hi Yahoo and it seems to work fine so far. I did not see an answer to Bribriny's question.

"Do the messages on Hi Yahoo count toward your text allotment for the month??? or are they free?"

barrettrking

Reaction score
I can say that, on my phone, I can sign out of the app with no problem. I don't have multiple accounts, but I assume that if you sign on, then eventually sign out, you can just log into another account. Running multiple accounts at the same time, not so much.

maligirl

Reaction score
I use Yahoo Messenger a lot and am wondering how I can change my picture on it. On my BB i was able to change it pretty easy if i remember correctly, and i have even looked on the computer, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I use Nimbuzz and it's pretty easy to do so with that. It also supports multiple IM protocols.

However, I cannot answer your question. I absolutely hate the Yahoo! made clients.

Goofypook

Reaction score
I use Yahoo Messenger a lot and am wondering how I can change my picture on it. On my BB i was able to change it pretty easy if i remember correctly, and i have even looked on the computer, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As of right now Yahoo messenger is junk on the Droid, but the only way you can change the pic that shows on the phone is too change it online...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I disagree with the junk comment, but it's not fully-featured yet. Change it on your PC and it'll change on your Droid. Eventually.

On another note, I use eBuddy for most of my messenger-ing needs on the Droid. It doesn't let you change your picture, but it's got AIM, MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, and I forget what (if anything) else. Some people even chat eBuddy to eBuddy; it's used in some websites for chatting as well.

Goofypook

Reaction score
I disagree with the junk comment, but it's not fully-featured yet. Change it on your PC and it'll change on your Droid. Eventually.

On another note, I use eBuddy for most of my messenger-ing needs on the Droid. It doesn't let you change your picture, but it's got AIM, MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, and I forget what (if anything) else. Some people even chat eBuddy to eBuddy; it's used in some websites for chatting as well.

I use ebuddy as well and it works great... but if you download the official yahoo app for Droid, you will find that it is garbage... I've tested it for a month, and you will get about 60% of the intended messages... and it seems I'm not the only one.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've been running it since day 1 and not had a single issue with its performance, just with the lack of a persistent presence in the taskbar or notification dropdown. Of course, I'm on the OD (and use eBuddy for day-to-day IMing since I don't need the special features for the most part), so there may be issues with MotoBlur/SenseUI on the X and Inc. Then again, the FroYo update for the Inc is supposed to be rolling out now/very soon so some of the issues might vanish. :)

eBuddy is very good. If the only issue the OP is having with Yahoo! Messenger is the picture thing, then the only option currently available that I'm aware of is to do it via the web/PC.

maligirl

Reaction score
ok, most everyone that i IM is still on a bb, and we used bbm or yahoo messenger to chat instead of texting for the most part. What can we all download to use IM together back and forth?? also, is there a group IM that is available like there was on BBM? Not stuck on Yahoo, but seemed like everyone had access to it. No facebook or twitter please

Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
No facebook or twitter please

You just made my day. :) Have a dancing banana.

:icon_ banana:

eBuddy does not appear to be available on Blackberry, but if everyone uses Yahoo than any Android app that allows you to message your Yahoo contacts would work -- Messenger from Yahoo, eBuddy, Fring, etc.

kerberos75

Reaction score
I've used the Yahoo app since day one and it works great. I receive all messages and I only receive notification on my status bar when a new message arrives. eBuddy keeps the icon in the status bar all the time, which I don't care for.