Yahoo mail help

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I stopped getting notifications that I have mail. When I go to the email app it doesn't list any new, so I refresh and then I get the new ones and about 300- 400 that I have already deleted.
I have even deleted the account and reloaded it with the same issue.
Please help me locate the settings and show me how it should be set to correct this, THANKS!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've had issues with the yahoo app. It's not very good. You could try a different mail app.

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I have been using the email app that comes preloaded on the phone and not tried the yahoo app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In the email app, go to settings, Manage accounts, [email protected], sync settings and check there.

You may also want to check "Accounts" under the main settings for the device itself.

The snarky guy in my head wants me to tell you that it's probably just time to cancel the yahoo account altogether, but I'm not going to go there. ;)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had a Yahoo mail account long before my first Android phone and G Mail. My Yahoo mail is linked to all of my banking & bills, so I also use the stock Mail app, but a different model phone. (I like to keep these messages separate from the G Mail app). Every once in a while my Yahoo mail will stop syncing for a short time and my phone will alert me that my sign-in / sync failed. When that happens I also can't check mail from a PC also, so I know it's a problem with the Yahoo mail servers. But I have never had hundreds of deleted messages show up at once. You could try a different e-mail app like Type Mail (Type Mail has great reviews on the Play Store & it's free), or even the G Mail app lets you check mail from other accounts like Yahoo. See if you have the same results using a different app with the same Yahoo account. That would help isolate whether the issue is with the E Mail app on your phone (maybe a setting somewhere) or with the Yahoo mail servers.